Technical PLEASE HELP!! Scudo keeps cutting out

Currently reading:
Technical PLEASE HELP!! Scudo keeps cutting out

Thedilks

Hi all
I have this fiat scudo van, 2.0l JTD 2002
It's been great for two years with out any problems.
One day I was driving home and the engine light come on, then went off.
It has been doing this for a month or too.
I put my van in for a service and all has been fine, suddenly one day the engine light come on and cut out!! I started the van back up and all was fine. Now the van does this all the time, it used to cut out at 50 mph but now it cuts out at 30mph. It's more when I put my foot down, I have had my van code read!
He used a solus ultra and the code was, on the EOBD side of the reader it come up with P0230 fuel pump primary circuit, on the manufacture side of the reader it says P1112 fuel rail pressure.
I have changed the fuel rail pressure sensor, still the same
I have changed the high pressure fuel pump señor, still the same
I have changed the fuel filter housing, still the same
I changed the crank sensor, still the same
I got a injector and swapped it on by one to see if a injector was over fuelling, still the same.
I sent the van to plats (fiat) they must no what problem is, they just told me what the code reader said and they said they wanted to take the fuel tank off to check for £250. No thanks, y do they need to take the tank off? Can they not check the fuel pressure from the primary pump to the fuel filter with out taking the tank off
Can any one help please. I have live dater if this will help

Sounds like the high pressure pump is shot, seen this before with exact same symptoms. (n)

Thanks for your advice, I changed the high pressure pump and all is well. Thanks again ;)

Back