Piston Rings And Tappets

Currently reading:
Piston Rings And Tappets

vandisian

can anyone point me in the direction of a website where i can purchase piston rings and tappets for a 96 Chinquecento SX. Ive googled the **** out of it but nothing doing. Its a wee winter project bought a haynes manual cause they look simple enough cars to work on my last car was a HONDA integra Type R not simple but then again it was indestructable, clearly the work of satan. Anyhoo had a look at this forum before i bought it and you all seem a really helpful bunch of guys so any help would be appreciated. Ps im just looking for standard parts for 899 cc engine.

Cheers!:bang:

You will get pistons/rings from a good auto factor the tappets if you want new will have to be fiat[main dealer part I should think] (y)

If u are really struggling phone Torque Italia and speak to Barbz and he will sort ya out with anything u need!! :D

Ross

in the haynes manual it says it is possible to change piston rings without taking the engine out but is not advisable has anyone changed them without taking the engine out

Yes ive done it and it seems possible according to your manual it wont give you much working room under the car unless you can get the car up a fair hight and there are procedures to follow such as marking the big end bearing caps also the advantage is you dont have to dismantle as much or lift the engine out and back in at the end of the day the choice is yours good luck in what ever you decide (y)

does anyone have any idea about the adjustment of the tappets as the haynes manual photographer has clearly shot the wrong engine. it shows adjusters on the tappets and asks for a fiat specific tool. Also noticed two of the tappets with lots of play and plugs have white crusty deposit which states in the haynes manual could be piston rings or valve problem can anyone confirm this to be accurate as im begining to doubt the manual. Dont get me wrong this wee car has done 100k so im expecting lots to be wrong with it but the bodywork and interior are imaculate and for £100 to buy the car i could quite happily shell out for a remanufactured engine but thats not the point. I want to do the work myself. I think they are the quirkiest wee car too arrive on the street since the original mini which was my first car, they too were simple and easy to work on but the body work was sieve like and broke down a heck of a lot.

Back