General Philips RacingVision Headlight Bulbs

Currently reading:
General Philips RacingVision Headlight Bulbs

TOX1C

I've never been happy with the headlights on my 100HP, perhaps it's living in Wiltshire and all those dark lanes.

Anyway I've just put in a set of Philips RacingVision 150% (whatever that means) bulbs and they are fantastic. Dip is far brighter and illuminates the nearside far better, and main beam is fantastic.

The only down-side is that the life of the bulbs is that of half standard bulbs. But if you think being able to see is more important than buying new bulbs every year or so then I highly recommend them.

The latest generation LED bulbs are very powerful. Avoid the cheap rubbish and avoid the high colour temperature (5000K is ok 6000K is too blue).

They need space at the back for heat sink and there's a lot of tat about, but the good ones are amazing.

Yeah, I tried a set and sent them back because of the poor beam pattern and the roasting I got on this forum. "Illegal", "Blind other drivers", "insurance Invalid" etc, etc. I was going to get projectors but these bulbs are epic and are the answer to my needs.

p.s Just installed projectors in the 156 GTA, so I haven't given up yet!!

The main issue is beam pattern. Some lights work well with HID or LED others will only work with halogen. Make sure the dipped beam pattern is as it should be and the main beam gives a penetrating beam. If they don't do both then send them back.

My bike has H7 HID burners 50 watts each but 5x the output of halogen. Its not got HID spec headlights but has always passed the MOT. Dip beam pattern is great and main beam does not scatter light. Its so good that I can stay on main beam along dual carriageway right hand bends - the light is not aimed at or scattered towards oncoming traffic. I can't do that as easily in the Panda (standard halogens) because main beam is not as well focussed.

Back