Technical Performance Chip 55 and 60 spi

Currently reading:
Technical Performance Chip 55 and 60 spi

Hi,

I just thought I'd post up the fact that the chip I developed for the 1108 cinq sporting has now been shown to work just as well in the Punto 55 and 60 ECU [the IAW 16F EB]. You can check the details out here. https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=14649. and by all means check with Cento forum members about the quality of the chip and the service I provide.

I think its the best value performance mod you can get, and I'm happy to continue to offer my moneyback guarentee.

I you are interested you can contact me my PM or by email to [email protected]

Regards,

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Performance Chip

dave said:
they can tell by opening up your ecu! you should tell them
what if you do it up with worlds strongest super glue and is there a law saying you cant put it in a strong metal safe? :devil:
edit by dave, lets keep thread un silly, its up to you but if you involved in a v/bad acident they will take your car to bits with fine tooth comb if nessary, no more silly replies on this please, its punto tech section not ll ;)

Its late and I am unclear on what he is claiming.

But I seem to see no thing for a 75, do you recon he will make a map for a 75mpi ecu soon?

and if for a 55/60/cinq's, is it free, as hes testing them or is he just asking £80? I don't get it,

faster4_tec said:
Its late and I am unclear on what he is claiming.

But I seem to see no thing for a 75, do you recon he will make a map for a 75mpi ecu soon?

and if for a 55/60/cinq's, is it free, as hes testing them or is he just asking £80? I don't get it,

I think they're £40 ish. Won't work on the 75, as it was developed for SPI centos in mind. I doubt the 75 will be added.

i dont think he will make one for the 75 because the amount of them he will sell will probably not make up for the cost of designing it- therefore making a loss.

75's seem rather rare, especially compared to the amount of fiats with the 1108 and 1242 spi 8v engines :)

anyone whos used one of these particular chips mind tellin me if theyr actually any good?? as in.. do they actually do what they claim to if anything at all?

They are designed for a standard 1108 on a cinq, they fit the puntos and can also work with the 1242 ecu
I have one and am happy with it.:yum:

custard boy said:
as with all insurance/mods qu's its down to your insurer/situation.
just phone your insurer

safer telling insurance, performance chis only boost ur revs, u think ur car is faster, ur jst using more petrol its pointless

right perhaps you want to put a little substanse behind that statement.only think the cars faster?
have you any idea how much work mkritch put into this chip? he originally designed this for his own car which was then offered to forum members.

follow the linq in my sig to the cinq FAQ for the original thread.

how can it increase the revs? that makes no sence atall :rolleyes:

only way to increase the revs would be to remove the limiter.. in which case you would indeed potentialy go faster in each gear, therefore, your comment is stupid.

The chip contains an improved map and replaces the original chip in the ECU. It increases lower down torque and does indeed make the car feel a bit quicker. dont expect it to have turbo power etc. but you will notice the difference!

When I ran the chip I noticed no difference in petrol consumption atall. The car reved and drove alot smoother and I found it easier to pull away from stand still. 4th gear actually has a use with the chip. rahter than being that gear inbetween crusing and accelerating, you can now use it to accelerate too over 3rd :)

Best £42 you can spend to increase performance on a cento sporting/punto55/punto60

with the chip beng for standard 1108 and 1242 will it affect the performance if there is an induction chip/ exhaust and tricker TB? will i be better off getting an individual remap?

thanks

May be better to get an individual remap but ive never heard any problems with using the mckrich chip with mods. I had a few myself when I used it. best to ask Mckrich directly as I know he runs loads of engine mods on his own sei with the chip. i doubt he would if it caused problems :)

Back