Technical Performance Chip 55 and 60 spi

Currently reading:
Technical Performance Chip 55 and 60 spi

Re: Performance Chip

beau_4076 said:
yer it will work, im thinking of getting one :)
kool, is it simply just remove the old 1 and plug new 1 in, or is there soldering and stuff required?
also, are there any figures, like bhp gains and that available?

paradisiac said:
kool, is it simply just remove the old 1 and plug new 1 in, or is there soldering and stuff required?
also, are there any figures, like bhp gains and that available?
well your have to check your ecu, some are just plug/slot in and some are soldered, if its soldered, you could buy one from ebay/scrappy that is not the soldered type.

if you do buy it let me know how it is on the auto :) only thing iv done so far is k&n panel filter and drilled air- sounds :cool:

beau_4076 said:
well your have to check your ecu, some are just plug/slot in and some are soldered, if its soldered, you could buy one from ebay/scrappy that is not the soldered type.

if you do buy it let me know how it is on the auto :) only thing iv done so far is k&n panel filter and drilled air- sounds :cool:

where is the ecu located? what does the chip look like?

I have few chips 4 my punto, and one of them is cinq`s superchips model, but the custom made one works the best (ingition is moved backwords sooo much :)) ...

Am I to understand this wonder chip will work in a Mk2 2003 Punto Active? <hopeful>

nope :( u have a bosh motronic injection :yuck: and we have magnificent :slayer: magneti-marelli ... :)
but i have superchips 4 your punto (contact me on PM)

Last edited:

hears a thought would you send me a chip to run on my crypton tuner. as i find it hard to belive that your little chip would have any real benifit to any car. you make lavish claims for you chip but i see no fish you have no technical data to back this and as i am an engine tuner i can assure all readers that tuning a car takes a lot more than a chip with no fish and i love me fish. as there's ignition curves, fuel ratio's, valve timing, injection timing, and many more thing's to do when tuning an engine so i would suggest that this chip with no fish be avoided.

Stephan1 said:
hears a thought would you send me a chip to run on my crypton tuner. as i find it hard to belive that your little chip would have any real benifit to any car. you make lavish claims for you chip but i see no fish you have no technical data to back this and as i am an engine tuner i can assure all readers that tuning a car takes a lot more than a chip with no fish and i love me fish. as there's ignition curves, fuel ratio's, valve timing, injection timing, and many more thing's to do when tuning an engine so i would suggest that this chip with no fish be avoided.
are you slating the mckcrich? thats been tried and tested by many here who recomend it

And you do realise Stephan that a cypton tune is just a basic engine tune, and NOT a dyno reading measuring power and torque curves, nor measuring air/ fuel ratios throughout the rev range etc.?

Any chance as well you could write a little more logically as your posting sounded like you'd just got home from the pub after drinking too many Babychams :p

sounds like a bit of tosser to me. read many of his posts, and form a similar opinion everytime.

so you're a tuner, right.. ok. crypton tuner you say - so thats technology that went out with the Ark. Cars use ECU's and chips now, not that rubbish.

a crypton tuner is a thing of the past ideal for old cars with out injection ie carbs points condecers and tunig.
New cars everything is ecu controlled IE A BRAIN IN THE CAR
whitch checks every thing. tuning, plugs, lamnda, injecters, every thing any fault it will light a warnig light then you take it to a main dealer and they have the computer thats talks to the car and they fix it.

The Crypton tuning machine was a very expensive piece of garage equipment which is used to run a diagnostic check on older vehicles to show up faults.
Two major misconceptions with this machine are 1 that it tunes your engine and 2 that it does a better job than any decent mechanic with decent tools.
Crypton is the brand name of the company who made the diagnostic equipment.
All in all the Crypton tuning machine sounds very clever but was actually pretty useless when it first came out (other than a way of making money) and is now obsolete.
Don't waste your money it's not a tune up, it's a test of your engine

there is plenty of backup for this chip, it's benefits are proven.

Stephan1 said:
as there's ignition curves, fuel ratio's, valve timing, injection timing, and many more thing's to do when tuning an engine so i would suggest that this chip with no fish be avoided

anymore buzz words you want to throw in there? how about EGT, VE table, erm lets have ignition advance too. exactly what has valve timing got to do with the price of fish when talking about this chip - theres no form of VVT on theses engines.

depends what other mods there are. its not going to be huge, but if you do a search you'll find the rolling road graphs for before and after with few mods.

PM mckritch himself if you want an actual figure (relative to engine age, wear, oil used etc etc)

Does anyone know the rough bhp increase with one of these chips? I'm throwing test quotes past my insurance company to see whats insurable and it asks how many bhp this chip boosts by. I suspect it doesn't so much boost bhp as make it more efficent so if I selected 0-10bhp on their website would I be lying?

yes i do tune cars and motorbikes. as for crypton it was and still is the bench mark for tuning (ask any tuner). and as my pc is linked to my crypton set up it can and will tell me eveything that the engine is doing. but i will advise this these so called mod chips that you bodge in to the A.I.T.Sensor. what this does is fools the ecu in to thinking the engine is cold thus running on choke thus increasing the fuel consumption. as a result this causes wipe down in the cylinders so limited lubrication and increased ware to valves, pistons and cylinder walls and kills the cat so yea you might get some or very little power increase in the short term but in the long term you will kill the engine or fail every M.O.T. to come. as for my self i have spent the past 15 years studying the art of tuning. so if you need some real tuning or mechanical advice then ask me if not then find a quiet corner and be quite.

Back