pc wont update

Currently reading:
pc wont update

Sei_rory

Established member
hey guys,

I'm a bit baffled,

my pc was messing around big time so did a destructive recovery on it to completely wipe it and install the factory settings with windows xp media.

anyway now that is done I have got an issue,

it is stuck on service pack 1 and wont update. I have been on microsoft website and tried that aswell as automatic it just wont work.

has anybody got any ideas on how i can get service pack 3 on this so i can update and install my software because now im stuck, cant update explorer or anything :(

any help much appreciated

Is it XP Home or Professional?

To be honest, I would start again.

For wiping computers I use DBAN. Its free to download and completely wipes the hard drive of all data. I'd then buy an SP3 disc off ebay and install that after wiping.

DBAN is easy to use, download it onto a CD, place CD into computer and tell it to boot from CD on start up. Then follow the on screen instructions. After afew hours the machine will be completely wiped and ready for SP3.

I've done this numerous times to alot of machines and have had no problems whatsoever

When the Operating system is installed you will need to download the drivers for everything (Sound, ethanet, Bios etc). They can be found on the Dell / Toshiba / HP website depending on the brand of your PC.

Back