pc upgrade

Currently reading:
pc upgrade

Have a look at your local Computer Exchange (www.cex.co.uk)
You can get a new CPU, Memory, GFX and Mainboard for less than buying brand new, and you still get a years warrenty. They may even take your old junk as Part-X.

Seems pointless upgrading to 939, its as dead as your existing Socket A board.
Go either AM2 or the new Intel chip.

when posting stuff up,why not add links to the products.makes it easier for people to compare specs.
i run almost the same mobo but with pci graphics.
its been stable and O/C fine however i think mine is giving a USB error after only a few months.i need to get another mobo to confirm this though

Last edited:
Avoid the cheaper brand motherboards, This is the backbone of your system and can be the difference between unstable and a good working PC. Can also provide a healthy speed boost too.

I'd personally go for any of the following brands
Asus
Abit
DFI
Gigabyte
Epox

Cheap motherboards are cheap for a reason. Avoid Asrock (yes i know its a budget asus but they really are poo) ECS and PC Chips. Also I HATE MSI boards. Got one in my current system and although its stable, It can't clock to save its life.

Have you installed the latest AMD processor drivers?

Mine (A64 3000+ to A64 4200+ x2) seemed quick - but when I installed the latest drivers which support X2 it was even faster. Plus it fixed a few issues such as things going twice as fast as they should in games :eek:

Back