PC does not load Windows XP

Currently reading:
PC does not load Windows XP

psychofox

Legend
Sods Law, I fix the mother-in-laws laptop, now my pc doesnt want to work. Think its jealous?
PC turns on, goes through the motions of passing POST test, but does not beep. Next screen shows the "Windows did not load correctly" apology.
I can choose SAFE Mode, SAFE Mode with neworking, etc. No matter what I pick (I have tried on all options), it BSOD (too quick to read) then reboots.

I have tried booting from the XP disc, I choose repair, it loads something, asks me to type EXIT to finish and reboot. Then I am back to square one.

Any ideas guys?

Sods Law, I fix the mother-in-laws laptop, now my pc doesnt want to work. Think its jealous?
PC turns on, goes through the motions of passing POST test, but does not beep. Next screen shows the "Windows did not load correctly" apology.
I can choose SAFE Mode, SAFE Mode with neworking, etc. No matter what I pick (I have tried on all options), it BSOD (too quick to read) then reboots.

I have tried booting from the XP disc, I choose repair, it loads something, asks me to type EXIT to finish and reboot. Then I am back to square one.

Any ideas guys?

Probably the recovery console that loads when you chose repair, when in the recovery console try checking the disk for error's by typing chkdsk c: /F

Forget that, its now checking the correct drive.
"volume appears in good condition and was not checked use /p to check", so i did.

It has found one or more errors on the volume, how do i repair this?

I let chkdsk run all night, (well til 2am). Turned the PC on this morning and it worked!!!! That is a bloody handy tool! :slayer:
I am going to use evey scan that i have to make sure everything is working properly tonight (after work).

Thanks for all the help guys it was very much appreciated!

Back