Currently reading:
General Panda Sporting recipe

hmallett

Mr Pedantic
Take one Panda Dynamic Multijet (£7895)
Paint Rumba Red (£200)
Add the optional alloy wheels (£375)
Add the optional front fogs (£125)
Then go on a spree through the Brio catalogue, and add the Side Skirt Kit (£168.75), Chrome Tail Pipe (£64.55), Rear Spoiler (£101.25), Locking wheel bolts (£24.99) Metal pedals (£?) and Interior embellishment kit (£83.53).
Then change the interior to that of the 4x4, add front and rear bumper extensions, some white stripes, some interior mats and some Sporting badges. Paint the skirts, and fit it all.
Congratulate yourself on a job well done, and charge £8995 for it.
H

Because they are fiat parts being used technically when the insurance ask "is the car modified" the answer is no, because you just paid for the optional extras which doesnt effect your insurance.

As soon as its not a fiat part then its a modifcation.

Catseyes said:

Wohoo wont bother declaring my 1242 Cinq then it's a Fiat engine ;) :D

H-I always thought a lot more torque and power can be taken out of a diesel than a petrol with just a remap

It's all relative though. It depends on what you're used to. I doubt alfanige could remap the Panda to be anything like the Coupe...
I am still getting used to the diesel power delivery. Max torque at 1500 rpm is bizarre...
H

Catseyes said:

Thats not true, a modication is soemthing that doesnt come with the car as standard, yes granted optional extras not really a mod. I am putting my coupe wheels onto the Bravo, the wheels are fiat but I would still have to declare it. I am putting HGT skirts on too, I will have to declare those.

My insurance company just wanted a list of the optional extras I had got on my car, but didn't charge anything extra for them...

Wee Smurf said:
My insurance company just wanted a list of the optional extras I had got on my car, but didn't charge anything extra for them...

Same here. My Climbering is insured with Direct Line, they just wanted a list of options I'd bought with the car. When the policy arrived it only listed the Skydome.

I like the 'Bitsa Dynamic Sporting' in the previous post. My petrol 4x4 is fine in traffic and quite soothing on the motorway, but I like diesels for their torque. I think I need TWO Pandas....

Maybe I'll leave mine in the road when the council are redoing the yellow lines, and get it 'Sportised' for free..

:cool:

Back