General Panda Mileage

Currently reading:
General Panda Mileage

KeithW

Hello all. I’m wanting to buy a 1.2 Panda and I’ve seen a 2018 car nearby. It’s clean but the mileage is 47000 which seems high on a 2018 car. Would this put you off? Do Pandas handle higher mileages okay? Thank you.

If the service history is good and the price is appropriate it may be fine. I look at condition of brake discs and to see if it has matching set of tyres good indicatrors of its being looed after. If you are a low milage driver and you gat a good price it can work out well as the average annual mialge will drop over a number of years and then teh cat will achieve full market rate if selling. Condition is important. We have a Panda approaching 80,000 miles and its still fine. This one would need a cam belt kit fitting withing the purchase price if it has not been done recently. I think well maintained cars can achieve pretty high milages with few issues. If in doubt get an AA or RAC check and ask about the condition of the clutch, geabox and engine. It may be money well spent. Under 50K miles would no phase me.

Hello all. I’m wanting to buy a 1.2 Panda and I’ve seen a 2018 car nearby. It’s clean but the mileage is 47000 which seems high on a 2018 car. Would this put you off? Do Pandas handle higher mileages okay? Thank you.
Has the cam belt and water pump been done? That would be the first thing I'd do if not and should be considered in respect of the purchase price.

If it helps, my 2018 Panda is on 47,000 miles. In the ‘good old days’, it was normal to allow 12,000 mikes a year as being normal.
12k was normal, even 15K. Conversation this morning with MOT tester, not the panda, biggest issue is low mileage vehicles brakes degrade/calipers seize and/or engines not self cleaning/de-coking. Currently our panda set for 20K per year, but it is a diesel. Engine cores should be good for 200-300K miles, with a new auxiliaries set ?

Hi

I bought a 500 on a 68 plate 18 months ago..it had 48k
Traded at the end of its 3 years

Ive now covered another 14k

Just done an oil change.. it burns a bit as the miles tick by.. I do 250 a week

But oil and £30 for 4 x upgrade spark plugs..thats the total outlay :)

The 1242cc engine has been around for a LONG time.. and isnt prone to failure

Losing coolant through neglect is the only real issue ( blowing the head gasket)

2 things to watch:

Cambelt and waterpump are due.. not a cheap job

Check sump pan for corrosion.. its mild steel and can actually rust right through in a decade... you are half way

I bought a 2016 Pop in Nov last year with 95k on it, runs fine. Last owner did regular long trips from Somerset to Gloucestershire and back, a lower mileage round towns only and on pot-holed and rutted roads would be worse! And yes, the sump has some surface rust which I've treated with waxoyl for now.

Mines an 18 reg with just under 40k on the clock, as stated condition, service history & maintenance is key, 47k is not too bad as stated the usual used to be around 12k per year, there was a white 18 reg Pop for sale a while ago with near on 80k & still looked decent. With the sump corrosion I've just sorted it out & ordered a belly pan specific for 2012 on Panda's which should hopefully in theory stop it getting any worse

Mines an 18 reg with just under 40k on the clock, as stated condition, service history & maintenance is key, 47k is not too bad as stated the usual used to be around 12k per year, there was a white 18 reg Pop for sale a while ago with near on 80k & still looked decent. With the sump corrosion I've just sorted it out & ordered a belly pan specific for 2012 on Panda's which should hopefully in theory stop it getting any worse
My TA has 100.000 on it going strong a new sump guard from fiat £175 plus vat

Daffo (2011 1.2 VVT) is pushing towards 80,000 now and still seems fine. A slight water leak, around 50cc in 4 or 5000 miles but nothing shows up under testing and no leaks can be found so we are just monitoring and preapring in case its a cylinder head. The dreaded bypass pipe on the front of the engine looks rough but my hands are way too big to tackle that. I did on here of a 1.4 that had passed 205000 with no issues outside routine service. Pandas are the best anyway and much more straightforward than mosy if not all others should a repair be required.

Bumping this, 8 months on with the same 2016 Panda Pop and I started getting oil spots on the drive. Initially I thought it was the sump plug, but after watching it with the engine running, oil is weeping out through the side of the sump about half way up o the o/s. :( Waxoyl just delayed the inevitable I think, and I'm glad I spotted it before it became a catastrophic loss of oil.😳 99k miles on it may be a factor. New sump ordered, they're only £30, but the exhaust may be in the way?

In 15 months and 4,500 miles, I've changed the oil and filter, and the front dampers for the 2023 MoT (one was badly leaking), and that's it!

For anybody who has a rusty sump, mine eventually perforated here about 1/3 of the way up (photo taken from the front) so at east it doesn't drip once the engine is cold and all remaining oil has settled in the bottom of the sump. New one en route.

Attachments

• IMG_20240308_121307_3~2.jpg
    IMG_20240308_121307_3~2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
There is no sump guard, it's the 1.2 Pop model, I'm not aware that anything aside from the 4x4 had one? I hadn't noticed any bolt holes or securing points where you could fit one.

They're plentiful and cheap, which indicates how often they need to be changed. :rolleyes:

There is no sump guard, it's the 1.2 Pop model, I'm not aware that anything aside from the 4x4 had one? I hadn't noticed any bolt holes or securing points where you could fit one.

They're plentiful and cheap, which indicates how often they need to be changed. :rolleyes:
Some models had a plastic under tray - not a full sump guard but enough to deflect stones and the bulk of any spray. Held by four screws.

Back