General Panda Cross rules!

Currently reading:
General Panda Cross rules!

gar074

Prominent member
1st episode of the new series of Top Gear. Sabine Schmitz in a yellow Panda Cross, up a mountain (or was it a hill?).

What's not to like? The plucky little Panda even managed to hold on to its bumpers, which is more than the Suzuki Ignis managed. :D

Good fun, but due to the terrain, don't expect miracles. Good test of the Ignis, would cope fine in standing water, ice and snow. But looks like something Noddy would buy.

The TA Cross according to DVLA is red. Looked yellow to me......

Good test of the Ignis... But looks like something Noddy would buy.

My thoughts exactly! Just like the WhizzKid, whose styling it echoes, it looks like it should have a giant wind-up key coming out of the back!

What I'm really wondering is how to get my hands on those Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres they had fitted to the Ignis, the tread looked amazing and other than some rally spec Michelin Latitudes I had no idea anyone made such aggressive tyres in such small sizes.

Edit: turns out they're a set of Dunlop rally tires, not Sport Maxx as suggested in the behind the scenes video released by TG on Youtube.

Last edited:
Pictures. ;)

Attachments

• FiSu-1.jpg
    FiSu-1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 72
  • FiSu-2.jpg
    FiSu-2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 69
  • FiSu-3.jpg
    FiSu-3.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 76
  • FiSu-4.jpg
    FiSu-4.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 69
Quite like the tiny little winches on the front of those cars.

Overall very happy with that piece and I agree completely with the sentiment of less being so much more. Shame they didn't try to follow in an Ego Panzer of some sort (as Fifth Gear did with that Defender 90 a year or so back), just to send the message home.

Have to say, I really like the Ignis too and it would have been much more fuel efficient, for sure. Clearly not quite as good in the clag (evidence the need for super aggressive tyres that I did not spot fitted to the Panda), but a top everyday motor regardless. (y)

I used to look forward to watching Top Gear of a Sunday evening, along with my wife at times, sadly that's not the case anymore. This lot just don't cut it. Blanc the yank I find irritating, as an actor right from the start I had the feeling he just didn't feel right within himself. The other two blokes I can handle, just. Schmitz on the other hand, when she makes an appearance, is so over the top, screechy voice, leering into the camera, highly irritating. But that's just my opinion.

Quite like the tiny little winches on the front of those cars.

Overall very happy with that piece and I agree completely with the sentiment of less being so much more. Shame they didn't try to follow in an Ego Panzer of some sort (as Fifth Gear did with that Defender 90 a year or so back), just to send the message home.

Have to say, I really like the Ignis too and it would have been much more fuel efficient, for sure. Clearly not quite as good in the clag (evidence the need for super aggressive tyres that I did not spot fitted to the Panda), but a top everyday motor regardless. (y)

I was pleased to see the Panda do so well as I have one almost identical. Every time I see one of those Suzukis, I always think 'Racoon' with that black mask it seems to wear (Black grill and headlight surround) I wonder how easy it was to fit that winch and where they got it from?

I used to look forward to watching Top Gear of a Sunday evening, along with my wife at times, sadly that's not the case anymore. This lot just don't cut it. Blanc the yank I find irritating, as an actor right from the start I had the feeling he just didn't feel right within himself. The other two blokes I can handle, just. Schmitz on the other hand, when she makes an appearance, is so over the top, screechy voice, leering into the camera, highly irritating. But that's just my opinion.

Honestly, I'd rather just watch an hour of Chris Harris than any of the others, including the "original" crew.

The new top gear is absolute crap It was all going to fall to pieces when they drafted in that Ginger Twit who couldn't drive and talk at the same time

Bring back the original three twits at least they could drive and knew something about cars

Back