General Panda Cross Handbrake Adjust

Currently reading:
General Panda Cross Handbrake Adjust

TTR

Established member
Eh up all,

Fitted new pads and discs a few weeks ago all round and let stuff bed in.

Knowing new pads and discs would take a bit to settle in, lived with the handbrake being useless (y)

It’s never been great in fairness and I need it up here “int dales”

So looked to see how it adjusted assumed it was like my old 07 4*4 , however trim is different.

In case this helps anyone it ain’t as easy as old model:bang:

Remove cover from rearmost cup holder section and remove 10mm socket nut.

Next, pray a little to the gods of plastic trim clips :devil:

Lift the rear most part of the trim slightly above the thread, you will know when you do it, where you took the bolt out, wiggling gently left to right ease the whole trim section of, its secured by multiple clips in the front section.

Lift the trim section out of the way or just enough to access the handbrake adjuster, same as old design so 10mm open ended spanner or ring and tighten. Mine was at the very end so no adjustement ever been done before.

Nipped up 5mm or so checked no drag and handbrake fine.:D

The challenge comes getting the trim piece back in. It takes a bit of bu88ering about to re secure stuff.

Secure bolt again, careful as there a U shaped metal clip in the bolt recess, in the trim, don’t loose it down the back and have to remove it again :rolleyes:

Hope this helps someone out as handbrake never great when just working on pads and discs, so needs a bit of adjusting in my view.

Cheers all

I had to do the same, too much free play.
Also make sure the caliper pins slide freely as this makes a big difference.
My handbrake now works very well.

Landie9

Eh up , know what you mean as stripped the front and rears a few times.

The rears clog quicker than fronts on these and you need to make sure the pads are free as I’ve found they can stick too in the carrier.

Alls well now - don’t want to change the rear discs on a regular basis but with the state of the ones I took off won’t be leaving it as long as last time - very poor condition on inner face.

Back