General panda cross gearbox & ptu fill/drain location ?

Currently reading:
General panda cross gearbox & ptu fill/drain location ?

cala

Hi, Does anybody have any idea where gearbox & idler PTU fill/drain plugs are for a panda cross 4x4 2015,looked on other threads and all different to panda cross. gearbox fill is i think on front of gearbox, facing forward, there is a drain at the rear at bottom of ptu. So ive only found two instead of four,two different spec oils are in handbook, so expect four locations ? any help appreciated

Last edited:
many thanks Herts (pete,)but unfortunately all the positions you show are not from my model (petrol). Have you managed to change gearbox oil and ptu on your diesel model,i will take photo,s tomorrow to show set up,regards cala

Last edited:
many thanks Herts (pete,)but unfortunately all the positions you show are not from my model (petrol). Have you managed to change gearbox oil and ptu on your diesel model,i will take photo,s tomorrow to show set up,regards cala
Different engine but I’d expect the PTU unit to be the same - and yes I changed that with the car raised level. Not drained gearbox but did top up ok. My older petrol 4x4 had very similar looking drain and fill plugs so again expect yours to be similar with TA engine

Thanks again Pete, all sorted now, been in touch with fiat and told only one fill and one drain, so using tutela transmission technyx sae 75w-85.regards cala

Hi, Does anybody have any idea where gearbox & idler PTU fill/drain plugs are for a panda cross 4x4 2015,looked on other threads and all different to panda cross. gearbox fill is i think on front of gearbox, facing forward, there is a drain at the rear at bottom of ptu. So ive only found two instead of four,two different spec oils are in handbook, so expect four locations ? any help appreciated
I can't find PTU location on 0.9 twinair 4x4
does everyone has a photo of position where to fill and check oil level in PTU

I can't find PTU location on 0.9 twinair 4x4
does everyone has a photo of position where to fill and check oil level in PTU
Just to confirm, the TwinAir 4x4 version doesn't have a separate PTU. The transfer unit is integral to the gearbox/front diff on the TA version and shares the gearbox oil.
1699809082070.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is for non 4x4 gearbox.. for 4x4 is 2700ml in gearbox/differential Tutela Technyx.. already changed it
I am currently looking for PTU..
There is not a separate PTU on the 4x4 with a TwinAir engine. It’s contained within the gearbox/front diff — which is why it takes more oil. Only the diesel 4x4 has separate PTU.

Last edited:
Back