Technical Manual Gearbox Oil Filler & Drain Plug Locations.

Currently reading:
Technical Manual Gearbox Oil Filler & Drain Plug Locations.

Brigodee

My 2015 Panda Pop 1.2L has covered over 76k miles, so I would like to replace the manual gearbox oil.
I know there is a thread with photos of the fill & drain plug locations, but I can't find it. Can any kind person please help me?
If not, does anyone have the aforementioned photo?

Hi. I changed mine a few weeks ago. The drain plug is a small hex key plug at the base of the differential housing. A larger hex key plug is on the front of the gearbox for filling. This video shows how it's done.
It's the same for your 2015 Panda.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hi. I changed mine a few weeks ago. The drain plug is a small hex key plug at the base of the differential housing. A larger hex key plug is on the front of the gearbox for filling. This video shows how it's done.
It's the same for your 2015 Panda.

Thank you for the very helpful information. I carried out this work on a Panda 169 i ownwed several years ago and don't remember having any trouble, but couldn't locate the plugs on my newer Pop. I do recalll the plugs were Allen Keys of slightly different sizes.

@Brigodee I suspect the post you saw in the past was this one: https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/how-do-you-change-or-top-off-gear-oil.488755/post-4606686

The label on the photo points to the fill and level plug on my gearbox (which is a five speed 'box in a diesel 4x4 Panda). The drain is the smaller-headed plug at the base of the gearbox (as debated by @KPat and @chris3234 in the replies above), just to the left of the join between the two parts of the casing in that same photo.
I'm very grateful for all the help with this job. I can't find any mention in the servicing schedule of changing the gear oil, but feel a little uneasy about trusting oil that has covered 76k.

Back