Technical Panda confusing electrics and lack of information.

Currently reading:
Technical Panda confusing electrics and lack of information.

Our kid

I have had my grand-daughters panda on my drive for months awaiting for her to pass her test. Started car every week with no problems. four weeks ago no start, no electrics except hazard warning lights etc. I have checked, battery Ok, all fuses, bad earths, power to both fuse box OK, power to ignition switch Ok, not a sign of power. I have the handbook, a Hayes Manual, wiring diagram not for this car, a Fiat workshop manual downloaded from the internet, no appropriate wiring diagrams. I find a switch under the passenger's seat that's not mentioned in any paperwork with the car. The two keys handed over with the car seem just bog standard keys i.e. no batteries but the always worked. Are they coded? :bang:Any suggestions would help. I await the delivery of a electrical tester to interrogate the canbus.

Hi.
The 2004 active has just 2 x chipped keys.

Weve had ours for 13 years been great. Just 2 batteries in that time.

If its not been driven I would suspect the battery isnt providing reliable power for the electronics.

Code readers..most just fo engine codes...

Charlie . Oxford

I have had my grand-daughters panda on my drive for months awaiting for her to pass her test. Started car every week with no problems. four weeks ago no start, no electrics except hazard warning lights etc. I have checked, battery Ok, all fuses, bad earths, power to both fuse box OK, power to ignition switch Ok, not a sign of power. I have the handbook, a Hayes Manual, wiring diagram not for this car, a Fiat workshop manual downloaded from the internet, no appropriate wiring diagrams. I find a switch under the passenger's seat that's not mentioned in any paperwork with the car. The two keys handed over with the car seem just bog standard keys i.e. no batteries but the always worked. Are they coded? :bang:Any suggestions would help. I await the delivery of a electrical tester to interrogate the canbus.

Do you get ignition lights when key turned and is it just no starter motor ?
If you do and lights go dim/off when attempting to start then battery is probably suspect if lights stay lit/bright then starter solenoid or starter suspect.
If starter is working then when you turn the ignition on do you hear the fuel pump prime up (sound from under the back seat) if this runs for a second or 2 the engine ECU is powered and ok if not possibly a relay issue.

We should get you on the right track with these answers.

Would anyone know where I could get a diagram of relay locations, please? The owners manual only shows relays! Thanks a lot!

Back