General Panda 4x4 throttle pedal removal

Currently reading:
General Panda 4x4 throttle pedal removal

englishmike

Panda 4x4 fly by wire accelerator pedal. Ho do you take it out. Any dash removal or fuse box removal? All I can see is the bottom left screw the others I cant see ...
thanks for any responce ..

I think there are at least 3 screws.....I can't remember now exactly.

But they are a pain to get to....I used a 1/4 ratchet with extension to get to them......with my head upside down and in the footwell area. You have to do it by touch I'm afraid.

I normally pick up photo from ebay of the part. You can normally see where the holes for the screws should be

as a side note. A couple of people have managed to fix a faulty throttle with a blast of compressed air and one this didn't work and required changing

UPDATE: I managed to remove 3 10mm lock nuts securing the [FONT=&quot]accelerator [/FONT] pedal.
3 nuts to undo:

Kneeling down just ouside the door the bottom one is easy .

AND if you look carefully down the left hand side of the fuse box the top left can be seen and a long 1/4 extension will reach it so that wasn't to bad..

The top right can also be seen with great difficulty AND the same 1/4 extension can just about get to it . All there nuts are now removed

NEXT PROBLEM:
HOW DO I WITH DRAW the pedal as there's not enough room to remove it , it gets stuck between the FUSE box and the Break mechanism.
ANY IDEAS Please .....

just had a look at my car

looks like 4 nuts to undo and release the electrical cable

looks like there's just enough room

Are you sure your not missing a nut.

here a picture that close to mine with one nut in each corner

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I thought they were all the same but looking through ebay there quite a few different types

ELearn only shows two nuts on the diesel but 4 on the petrol both fly by wire and cable

some of the later Pandas have the nuts it is pre 2012 ??

hi yes there are a few types. My Panda is 2005 "Climbing" and acc pedal has only 3 nuts on this version. AND although it will pull forward off the mounting studs I cant see how to manipulate it out of the space between the foot brake mechanism and the fuse panel .
Anyway thanks for your thoughts ...

Hope you don’t mind me resurrecting this thread, but here’s the contraption I had to cobble together to undo the 3rd/right hand nut. The whole unit eventually comes out with a whole load of wiggling but it is doable with patience (and a bit of missing skin from my knuckles 🤣)

Attachments

• DBA4B1BA-D466-43FB-A367-F349063012EC.jpeg
    DBA4B1BA-D466-43FB-A367-F349063012EC.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 30
Back