Styling Panda 2010 redesign

Currently reading:
Styling Panda 2010 redesign

Pandev

According to a local car article I read,
This year is going to be last year of the current Panda and they plan a NEW Panda for next year. Thats why Fiat will do a slight redesign of the Panda as a farewell present for its retirement. The redesign will include e remapped 1.2 engine now developing 69hp (the Fiat 500 unit).

According to a local car article I read,
This year is going to be last year of the current Panda and they plan a NEW Panda for next year. Thats why Fiat will do a slight redesign of the Panda as a farewell present for its retirement. The redesign will include e remapped 1.2 engine now developing 69hp (the Fiat 500 unit).
2010 is this year and the car is already being delivered.

I know mate, its what the article says, we should be expecting new face and new engine this year ;-)
No, what I mean is that this car is already on sale. People have got their 2010 Panda's with the new engine already.

my facelift panda 1.2 is still quoted as 59/60bhp on the logbook and the uk configurator...

I notice a euro V 69bhp panda 1.2 is available on fiat.co.it

Strange, I thought all UK cars were going to be be the 69bhp but over in Italy they would sell it with either engine.

I seem to remember there is a particular rule applying to new cars and euro V compliance from september(?) - completely new models have to be euro v whereas a facelift of an existing model doesn't...the rule may be applied differently in different countries though...

it is curious how both versions are offered in Italy.

perhaps fiat had a lot of the 59bhp powerplants sitting around that needed using up ? :)

Is the 69bhp 1.2 in the 500 different from the 1.2 59bhp in the Panda - or is it simply remapped for more power I wonder...?

Back