Technical Panda 2010 issue

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 2010 issue

RMVS

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong section. I purchased a Panda 2010 1.1 engine at auction last week. Car drove great with only 30k on clock but had an engine light.

The code reader told me there was an issue with fuel injector 2 (or the wiring between ecu and injector). I have another couple of Pandas so I took the fuel injectors out of another one to see if a straight swap done the trick. Once changed the car was running very rough. My next step was then to spray all the connection plugs for ECU with contact cleaner and all the coil leads etc. I even changed the coil leads. 3 plugs were sprayed. 2 on the ECU and one down the side of battery tray.

The car now won’t start at all! I have attached a video below of what’s happening. I have also put the old fuel injectors and coils back in to bring the car back to its original state but the issue remains.

Hoping I have missed something daft out but I can’t get my head round what I have done to the car. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0147.MOV
    32.4 MB
Have you had the plug leads off ?
Yes, when it was running rough after the fuel injectors were changed I then changed the leads and it wouldn’t start at all. I then put the old leads back on and still won’t start. On the coil pack though there is also 2 small plugs that were undone and sprayed with contact cleaner at the same time I sprayed the ECU plugs

Yes, when it was running rough after the fuel injectors were changed I then changed the leads and it wouldn’t start at all. I then put the old leads back on and still won’t start. On the coil pack though there is also 2 small plugs that were undone and sprayed with contact cleaner at the same time I sprayed the ECU plugs
It’s back firing which is normally a ignition timing error

I suspect the leads are in the wrong order, is this possibility

Can’t quite make out your coil packs in your video do you have the type that’s two coil packs on the right hand side of the cylinder head

It’s back firing which is normally a ignition timing error

I suspect the leads are in the wrong order, is this possibility

Can’t quite make out your coil packs in your video do you have the type that’s two coil packs on the right hand side of the cylinder head
Yes it’s a 2 and a 2, all vertical. The leads are definitely in the correct order because I had 2 and 1 mixed up and corrected it. You have me thinking though perhaps I have put the power plugs to each coil pack round the wrong way or perhaps I have shorted one of the coil packs by putting leads in the wrong order spraying contact cleaner. I will try switching the coil packs over and hopefully that will sort it

great that makes life easy

One coil fires cylinders 1 and 4 dose not matter which way round

Other coil fires cylinder 2 and 3 again does not matter which way round

great that makes life easy

One coil fires cylinders 1 and 4 dose not matter which way round

Other coil fires cylinder 2 and 3 again does not matter which way round
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am away today but will update you tomorrow when back and try swapping the coil packs. Thanks again

The engine will do all sorts of strange stuff if you mis-connect the wrong coil pairs. If one coil has actually gone down -
its partner will be along soon after. At ~£20 the pair it's not worth worrying about which one has gone. If was just connected wrong then happy days.

Back