P141109_14.00[01].JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Out with the old, in with the new (my punto mk2a progress thread).

Introduction

unfortunatly on fri 13th of all days i crashed my car :(
in the wet.
i wasnt speeding but the back end slid out as i was leavin a corner(bend in the road).
tryed controling it but it started snakin.managed to avoid all the oncoming traffick.but hit a parked car with the side of mine wich caterpulted me into the curb witch ripped the tire off the rim and that spun me into a 360 spin wich i managed to controle as the back end was lifting up i stopped it from roling onto the roof.im well gutted
i realy am devistated as id just got it to look how i wanted it.
but it could have been a lot worse. i could have hit the oncoming cars or roled it but i manged to avoid both with quick thinking.
i was unhurt. just realy shook up. (n)
Re: Out with the old, in with the new (my punto mk2a progress thread)

and i think you would be able to buy the bolts coloured but would be expensive.
be way cheaper just to paint

got some more dtm base plates on order off the net. turned out cheeper than at carcraft too inc delivery :D lets hope these are the right ones. it did say 2000 onwards so maby good news lol

always liked stm mirrors but never had them on any car. got these given me so wanna get them on lol

yeah il be cc'd then definatly. so will probly get pics up when they arrive, then may be a few days before they on the car as il need to get paints etc when i get the spair bit of money as im getting 2 more tyres for alloys tomorrow so will be skint again lol

got me 2 used TOYO tyres yesterday. not even a mm thread used off them, still got the nipples on the tyre wall and the paint line on the thread.

heres a link to them if anyone wants to see:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....s=Ordern&typ=R-119025&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1

payed £20 each inc valve etc

think i got a good deal with them as they are very close to new :D

wouldnt usualy put used tyres on the front but as there hardley broke in and they have anti aqua-plane and better looking grip than the new 1 i got then thort itd be better to stick the TOYO ones on the front.

all i need now is one more new one for the rear and my alloys will be on :D

sent a pic of my car to flyeyes and they sent me an example pic back. they sent me wat it would look like in red and purple but looked crap lol. the pic i sent them is of before i de-tangoed as i havn't took a pic de-tangoed yet lol.
email explains about how it passes mot and the things it comes with (tools) also comes with an mot pass certificate on the product. so thinking about getting this. lights will suit the car a lot i think. seeing as tho im going for the black and red theme

Attachments

• front end.jpg
    front end.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 70
  • PUNTO.( BLACK VARIANT 1).jpg
    PUNTO.( BLACK VARIANT 1).jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 83

sent them another pic of when i de-tangoed. lights not on car tho. replyed strait away and said would look darker in real life tho.

Attachments

• P270210_23.38.JPG
    P270210_23.38.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 31
  • PUNTO LIGHT (BLACK VARIANT 1).jpg
    PUNTO LIGHT (BLACK VARIANT 1).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 39

That doesnt look to dark tbh,try http://www.lamin-x.co.uk/ they do a very nice darker tint,bit more expensive i think tho. Im gonna get this done to the punto when i can be arsed!

thats what i thort and i asked him if they do darker black. he said in real life it will look darker, didnt say if they do any darker tho. il check that link out now ta

right post back on tomorrow so hopefully dtm plates will arrive. not in to much of a rush as i aint got the paint yet. does anyone know if fiat dealer still sells the paints for the mk2 punto? or would i have to get it mixed from somewhere?

plan tomorrow tho is im going to go down to the tyre place and ask them if they have the 2 other used TOYO tyres that match the 2 i got last week. if they have ask them if they are willing to swap the brand new one they fitted on mine for the 2 used ones. the new tyre has obv been unused as alloys havent been fitted. they can only say no but if its a yes then il be pleased :D they would still have made £8 proffit from me as the 2 used came to £40 fitted and the one new was £48. so lets see what they say.......

got my alloy wheels on 2nite. just finished it. took me ages as i ran into a few problems. first off i took back steel wheel off to put one wheel on to see if locking nuts where right length. they where but the inside of wheel was touching the shocks :mad: so had to put steel wheel back on. go in back garden, where my old punto is and get a wheel off that and get the 2cm spacer. put wheel back on, and get other 3 spacers. then back to the front where then i again took off steel wheel. put on spacer and alloy and yay fit a treat. also still plenty of arch gap so no need for arch rolling. needed gf help to press the brake so i could put on front spacers but on one of the fronts the wheel nuts wouldnt come out for sh*t. so had to get my extended arm wrench and still struggled with that but finaly got them out. then the little alignment nut fings on the front hub one was realy rusted on and whent ovel :bang: so hammer came to hand and nocked it one way then the other and came loose and unscrewed. gf's help again on brake ( she was not happy as she was missing shameless lol). but finally wheels are on and look brill. feel like iv done 8hrs at the gym tho as i was using a bloody cross wrench (n) need an impact wrench i think in the future.

anyways i havent took pic tonight as im fooked and also its pi55ing down. but tomorrow i will get pics up guys.(y)

couple of pics i took tonight. not that good quality realy. but here goes :D

Attachments

• P070410_22.15[01].JPG
    P070410_22.15[01].JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 64
  • P070410_22.17[01].JPG
    P070410_22.17[01].JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 62
  • P070410_22.16[02].JPG
    P070410_22.16[02].JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 38
  • P070410_22.14.JPG