Technical Original key won't start engine after new transponder key programmed

Currently reading:
Technical Original key won't start engine after new transponder key programmed

crazypierre

Hi, this is a strange one:
I thought it wise to have a spare transponder key programmed by an auto locksmith.
He did this by placing the original key in a machine which read the code and that enabled him to programme a new chip for the spare key.
The spare works fine and I have been using that for several weeks.
Today, I tried the original one and it won't start the engine!
The key symbol stays on in the dashboard and the engine turns over but doesn't start it.
I've not been able to reach the locksmith to ask him what's going on and thought I'd check if anyone else has experienced this?
Thanks
PC

As far as i can read from the OP the key has been copied. It is possible the original is defective by accident now. At least thats how i read it. And since its copied at the locksmith, the amount of keys is not affected since it will have the same code.

Hi, thanks for all your replies.

I went back to the locksmith and he tried to read the original key code but there is no longer a code.
He has assured me his key code reading machine is just a reader and cannot wipe the code in the original key.
He called another auto locksmith to get advice who said it may have a glass transponder in there that broke, but what a coincidence that would be.
Anyway, I'm back to square one with only one key working and £30 worse off........
You try to improve your situation and make it worse!
Regards,
PC

Back