Technical Orange light with key on it

Currently reading:
Technical Orange light with key on it

JD82

Established member
Was in bad weather (heavy rain) and an organge light with a key came on, I thought it was just an unshut door but it wasn't. I parked up turned the engine off, it took a few seconds longer than normal to turn over then it started and the lights not come on since.

Its started instantly since then.

What was it?

Its a 1.1 Active btw.

Was in bad weather (heavy rain) and an organge light with a key came on, I thought it was just an unshut door but it wasn't. I parked up turned the engine off, it took a few seconds longer than normal to turn over then it started and the lights not come on since.

Its started instantly since then.

What was it?

Its a 1.1 Active btw.

Hi JD82

It's just the Immobiliser (Code2) testing the ignition key. My car runs this test once every 3 or so months. Nothing to worry about unless the light remains on after starting the car, which in that case you should take it directly to your dealership.

Regards
AeroMad

Hi JD82

It's just the Immobiliser (Code2) testing the ignition key. My car runs this test once every 3 or so months. Nothing to worry about unless the light remains on after starting the car, which in that case you should take it directly to your dealership.

Regards
AeroMad

Mine does this every now and again and will remain on for the whole time the engine is running. It also knocks it out of sport mode. Then re-starting clears it. Just put it down to dodgy italian electrics.

So I would say even if it stays on, it's still nothing to worry about really as it will go out next time you re-start.

Last edited:
Back