Technical Ignition key

Currently reading:
Technical Ignition key

Jayne2005

Hi there,
I have bought myself a cheeky little MK3 Panda 1248CC 69hp 2011 back in October.
Since then I have whacked some alloys on, added a CarPlay stereo with reversing camera and parking sensors and microphone, wired in some footwell LEDs, upgraded speakers, upgraded headlights and upgraded the old carpets.
My next little electrical project I was planning to replace the ignition key barrel for a starter button and switch with the switch priming and doing electrics and the button to start the car. I’m sure I can wire in that part after looking at the wiring diagrams however I am stumped on the transponder key.
I am not particularly fussed about the car being nicked so I was hoping to fully disable the whole immobiliser system and can’t seem to find any definitive ways to do so on any forums. I have also read about the solution to place the transponder next to the ignition barrel however ideally I want to remove the ignition barrel.
Any ideas of help would be greatly appreciated 👍🏼.

I am not particularly fussed about the car being nicked so I was hoping to fully disable the whole immobiliser system and can’t seem to find any definitive ways to do so on any forums.
aside from the fact that this would immediately invalidate your car insurance (assuming you have insurance and it’s not already been invalidated by the list of undeclared modifications)

No one is going to tell you on an open forum how to disarm the immobiliser system on your car when that would make there own car more vulnerable to attack.

You will not get your answer here.

Insurance would have to be informed

I am pretty sure no anti theft at all would be uninsurable, so illegal to drive so very bad idea

It's pretty easy to clone a transponder chip

Which you could epoxy into a credit card and add a card slot near the ignition barrel

Again you need to inform you insurance company

I am pretty sure once the car has started it's not read again, if so, embedding the chip in a ring
Should work

Just hold you hand near the ignition barrel while you press the the button

Again insurance, insurance

Adrian flux on here could advise

Insurance would have to be informed

I am pretty sure no anti theft at all would be uninsurable, so illegal to drive so very bad idea

It's pretty easy to clone a transponder chip

Which you could epoxy into a credit card and add a card slot near the ignition barrel

Again you need to inform you insurance company

I am pretty sure once the car has started it's not read again, if so, embedding the chip in a ring
Should work

Just hold you hand near the ignition barrel while you press the the button

Again insurance, insurance

Adrian flux on here could advise

Thank you, I’ll do some research into other mechanisms for immobilising and insurance pricing, insurance is already aware of the other mods I have done to the car.

Back