Technical oops TB help..TB in bits

Currently reading:
Technical oops TB help..TB in bits

custard boy said:
i tyhink h is showing his faith in the new panda.all the tools are getting sold ;)
Sort of, yes. But where I live now, I have no garage, and no space to work on the car. All the large tools are at my parents house, and they want the space back! :D
Also the Panda is under warranty, o the dealer can sort out any problems.
H

custard boy said:
know that feeling.the turbo cinq has a boot full off ice so the N/A cinq is the mobile tool and rubbish store.when the turbo is off the road it all gets swapped over. would love to rent somewhere with a garage :(

i rent a garage for £20/month

it great cause i still got the use of my parents one, i know for a fact that they not gonna clean it out of all my junk so got 2 garages for bits :D

gaz_wrexham said:
i rent a garage for £20/month

it great cause i still got the use of my parents one, i know for a fact that they not gonna clean it out of all my junk so got 2 garages for bits :D
that would be nice gaz but garages in edinburgh start at around 10 times that :( ive seen parking spaces alone in the city centre go for more a month than my rent

Gaz how you getting on with this job?

I paid for my TB today so I should be getting it in time to fit at the weekend so I'm watching this thread with interest!

Nick

Horney said:
Gaz how you getting on with this job?

I paid for my TB today so I should be getting it in time to fit at the weekend so I'm watching this thread with interest!

Nick

im not :(

it will be next weekend at the earliest when i can attempt to have another go at it, i also need to go and find an accelerator cable from somewhere cause i managed to thread the end that connects to the tb

with the right tools and right guidance then i can not see it being a difficult or long job

if i was warned or read up about the coolant i wouldnt have run away from the cinq :eek:

as the tb seperates into 2 parts i thankfully dont have to worry about fuel lines, as this is in the top half that can be moved out the way

gaz_wrexham said:
im not :(

it will be next weekend at the earliest when i can attempt to have another go at it, i also need to go and find an accelerator cable from somewhere cause i managed to thread the end that connects to the tb

with the right tools and right guidance then i can not see it being a difficult or long job

if i was warned or read up about the coolant i wouldnt have run away from the cinq :eek:

as the tb seperates into 2 parts i thankfully dont have to worry about fuel lines, as this is in the top half that can be moved out the way

Bummer!

Oh well hopefully we'll both be storming about next monday with grins on our faces!

At least I have seen how you have fared so far and I know what to avoid!

Good luck to us both!

Nick

just an update :D

i fitted the 40mm tb and didnt expect it to feel or sound that good :cool:

as im possibly selling the car, i refitted the 30mm tb yesterday

i found fitting the tb very easy tbh (now i know about the coolant ;p) - hose clamp £2.99 halfords :D

fitted the old tb in about hour and half, never timed the fitting of the 40mm tb as i did that over a few days :eek:

the trickiest part of fitting was lining the tb and spacer with the holes in the inlet manifold - can someone tell me why the original spacer shape doesnt follow the lines of the inlet manifold hole, spent ages wondering why the holes in spacer where on opposite sides than the ones on the inlet manifold

i didnt need to remove accelerator cable, i just swapped the hook type thing (technical ;)) on both the tb's

custard boy said:
i know which cinq :D

And I'm pretty sure there's a Punto involved somewhere as well, and there's been interest in Gaz's Imola...................................:)

Well my TB has arrived but had a busy weekend and no time to fit it. Hopefully going to bish it on on Saturday so it's running for the Ace next week.

Nick

Horney said:
Well my TB has arrived but had a busy weekend and no time to fit it. Hopefully going to bish it on on Saturday so it's running for the Ace next week.

Nick

remember the coolant :p and you will be fine, it the 1st hose on the left (as you look at it in the engine bay) connected to the back of the tb

Bushboy said:
40mm TB is great.. Im running it with the standard air box (soon to go) as the car is completly standard. It doesnt make a massive difference in lower revs but at about 3000-5000 it pulls sooo much better(y)

obviously the standard airbox is probably holding it back now but will see when ive finished my kit with custom plenum :D

Say no more...(y)

Back