Image0165.jpg

Old Skool Kool

Introduction

Well seen as this section is here thought i'd use it..

Heres couple of pics of my other car
Image0165.jpg

Image0174.jpg
Reactions: ben
19 years older than me :O
my mate has on of those also the 1300
not too keen on them but i like yours with the wheels and the blue, his is brown and isnt nice. lol

The pictures actually make the car look a bit shiny, the car is actually painted in a matt blue and doesn't shine at all in the flesh, not to everyones taste but i like it. Was done by the previous owner with rattle cans.
19 years older than me :O
my mate has on of those also the 1300
not too keen on them but i like yours with the wheels and the blue, his is brown and isnt nice. lol
Yeah Brown isn't an easy colour to pull off on a car, it is possible though, i know of a brown beetle and its sweet looks just like melting chocolate. Theres a mk1 golf caddy near me as well in brown on ronal turbo's, also looks top.

my dads fave car ever was a met gold one he owned when i was about 7, he always regrets selling it, and despite going through a few more, never found one he liked as much....must try to dig a photo out

Yeah it is, don't get me wrong i love this car.... LOTS!!!!
And i will have another one one day but can't justify keeping it when i can't afford to maintain it and drive it at the same time as the tub. Its so different driving around in one of these though, just about everyone loves them, from little lads and lasses through to really much older generations than myself. Puts me into a completely different head state than other cars and i love the canaraderie you get from fellow veedubbers, once broke down (well ran out of petrol) on the cirencester junction of the M5 in a beetle and while my mate walked to petrol station (he was driving so it was his punishment) a few miles away no less than 3 vw's stopped to ask if i needed help, and one set off and picked my mate up and brought him back.. Love it!!

Last edited:
Sorry i just don't get this posting about other cars business that seems to be coming more and more common on here, had a conversation on msn with a member (not naming names) on here and we just don't get it at all.. It is a FIATforum, and yes i know lots of us have other types of cars but thats not why we are here is it?? Myself have a classic beetle but i'd never post a pic of it on here coz its a VW, i'd post that on the Volkszone Forum unless someone asked to see it, in which case i'd keep it to PM's.

Hmmm ,change of heart there mate.,lol.,
nice beatle all the same, all you need is white paint and a 53 on the bonnet.,lol:D

EDIT:
err no actually dont paint it, otherwise your username wont make sense.,lol

Last edited:
sweet bug :D

always fancied one, (the 1300) but could never come to terms with having to deal with the rot :eek:

as for paint, like it shiney! you could actually get it shiney pretty easily, some G3/g10 polishing compound, or even halfrods own brand does a pretty good job of pulling the paint upto a good shine, i'll post a before and after pic of a bit of my bumper to show it can be done (y)

Hmmm ,change of heart there mate.,lol.,
nice beatle all the same, all you need is white paint and a 53 on the bonnet.,lol:D

EDIT:
err no actually dont paint it, otherwise your username wont make sense.,lol
Wondered if that might have been brought up.. Hey how, thats why we got this section made though.

@faster: i like it matt, looks ace, needs to be seen in the flesh

Back