Old School GTi's

Currently reading:
Old School GTi's

Cars of this vintage will be mostly disguised sheds for sub £1K so you need £ in reserve to put stuff wrong plus be a bit handy with a spanner.

Liam

yup, 1st post leads to YOU wanting to own one. as apple also believes, ppl who say they own cars and actualy don't (driving daddies car) really ****'s me off and gets nill respect points.

but remember insurance and tax will be just the same for older (20yrs) cars as it is for new cars, ifnot more as they are far less likely to be able to be repaired, parts out of stock permantly etc.

want something with a GTI badge that french, 16v and distinctly different>

citroen BX gti16v, love them to bits, and in mettalic paint look much newer. its a similar 1.9 as the 205's get, but its got teh fancier 16v head, discs all round. AND you can lower it to the deck at the flick of a lever :worship:
a MINT one with less than 100k and nought wrong with it will never cost you more than £500:yum:

well to be fair,re read your 1st post and there is no indication the car is for anyone but yourself

yeh as i said though it makes no difference :rolleyes: didn't realise i had to specify the car wasn't for me! ffs :(

as for the BX my dad doesn't like it but i think it's excellent value! shame about the looks
* just had a look at the BX's on parkers, 160bhp version or a 125bhyp 4x4 version! how cool lol

Last edited:
106 gti, can get them for under 1k
yes you could but would prob be foooked

as for the charade gtti awsome car easily get one for under a grand but expect a rebuild soon god dam boy racers:mad:

mazda 323 4x4 turbo fuc that is fast :D and as that and the gtti not to bad on the insurance as they are rareish.

Cars of this vintage will be mostly disguised sheds for sub £1K so you need £ in reserve to put stuff wrong plus be a bit handy with a spanner.

Liam

Have to disagree with you there, my mk1 cabby cost me £525, completely standard, only rust is under the bumper on drivers side wing (minimal). Near on immaculate car, just had a few little wiring faults and engine cut out after 35mins, we knew this would be easy to fix.. previous owner chased the problem around and had new alternator/fuel pump/tank/filler/coil pack/coil pack managment system etc replaced, 1yrs MOT, we've now fixed the problem (just fuel sender pipe holes was nearly all blocked (took 5mins)). I know of a very nice white cabby for sale for £1k by me aswell. i agree it is hard to find a good old car for under £1k but they can be had if you search hard enough!

BTW Beau, 106GTi? :O maybe a rallye but theyre gonna very be hard to get if theyre going to be like Alex's!

Last edited:
some damn good suggestions here, was looking at 309's before i got the alfa

one thing i am seriously well and truely stunned with is how damn well the alfa handles, the steering and chassis are bloomin marvelous, and thats with funked wishbones, with new ones and a bit of tlc etc she will be even better. alos the standard breaks are pretty good too! mines only an 1800 8v t spark, but has 140 bhp (its the silverstone and not the normal one) and its lighter than the normal 155's to and it performs pretty well too, ok so not blisteringly fast, but certainly has plenty of poke and is driveable both sedatley and when pushing on :) got mine for 400 notes needing a bit of work, but was happy to pay a bit of a premium considering the spec, you can get all 155's bar the q4 for under a grand, and the v6 is a great tourer and can also be hustled down the lanes pretty swiftly too ;)

may be a good buy if your dad considers one :)

oh and as for apples comments on cars needed, its more wanted at times mate :) i know thats the case with me

eh? :confused:

Just come back from work and lost :D

lol im at work and wishing i was still in bed, have done since 5 this morning when i woke up :(

you said summin about wanting all the cars, what with the cars his parents have and his etc... my mum and dad have their own cars, as does my younger bro, and i still have Patch, my alfa and a marea weekend :rolleyes:

yes you could but would prob be foooked

as for the charade gtti awsome car easily get one for under a grand but expect a rebuild soon god dam boy racers:mad:

mazda 323 4x4 turbo fuc that is fast :D and as that and the gtti not to bad on the insurance as they are rareish.

could get a 323, however they are stupidly rare, and parts are incredibly hard to find, just putting an uprated exhaust on can up the bhp by around 60, but thats mainly due to the boost being upped to 1.1bar and without further supporting mods, bye bye engine :p

Charade GTti, Nissan Micra Superturbo (If you can ever find one), Daihatsu Coure Avanzato TR-XX R4, Starlet GT.

I like my Jap Cars... :D

I'd get the 205 1.9Gti Tbh, cracking car, i'm after one as a project, mi16 engine in + a shed load of goodies.

Cant go wrong.

I know where theres a square micra superturbo, belongs to a late 30's woman with dog, and gets used on teh supermarket/dog walking on beach run. spoke to her a few times and apparently its been rock solid reliable, but can break its front wheels loose in 3rd in the wet quite happily (maybe someting to do with a weeks worth of shopping in the boot!)

Back