Tuning Offroad aftermarket parts query

Currently reading:
Tuning Offroad aftermarket parts query

Cactus875

Hi all,

I currently own a Fiat Panda III 4x4, the 0.9 twin air model.

It’s a great little car, and I’ve been contemplating bolting some off-road parts to it (bull bar, spot lights, snorkel, that sort of thing).

I’ve not had much luck so far finding many parts available for it, does anyone know of any websites or places that might be best to look at? Or any existing builds? (Preferably located in the UK/Europe).

Thank you for your time.

The Italian company, that supplied suspension bits for the 169, no longer imports to the UK, I think they did start doing a comprehensive 30mm lift kit for the 312, including drop links, spacers for axles etc…but can’t find my link
Euro4x4 no longer does panda bits

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Bullbars are basically illegal since 2007, they introduced a law in europe which stated they had to be no more dangerous to a pedestrian that without the bull bar and given the idea is the bull bar is solid and resists damage to the car this made it basically impossible for any new car to have a bull bar which passed the legal requirements. Landrover did some plastic trim things for a while which looked a bit like a bull bar on some models.

Roof lights or any sort of aftermarket lights are 10 a penny. Depends what you want and where you want to fit it. normally any sort of roof light would need attaching to a roof bar/roof rack.

Snorkles are rarely used on their own, in the likes of landcover's they will have breather extentions also that raise the open ports of the engine and gearbox as well as the differentials up above the level of water also. Without doing this a common issue is you drive your 4x4 into water the heat in the gearbox suddenly cools down and the now cold air creates a vaccum that sucks water into the gearbox via the breather's.

I'm not trying to put you off as a Panda can look cool when its all done up, just explaining you won't find any legal bull bars (won't pass an MOT) and a snorkel on it's own will not help you go into deeper water.

I think you can get stuff in Italy but understandably there is not much in the UK as people buy Landrovers for any serious off road play

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Bullbars are basically illegal since 2007, they introduced a law in europe which stated they had to be no more dangerous to a pedestrian that without the bull bar and given the idea is the bull bar is solid and resists damage to the car this made it basically impossible for any new car to have a bull bar which passed the legal requirements. Landrover did some plastic trim things for a while which looked a bit like a bull bar on some models.

Roof lights or any sort of aftermarket lights are 10 a penny. Depends what you want and where you want to fit it. normally any sort of roof light would need attaching to a roof bar/roof rack.

Snorkles are rarely used on their own, in the likes of landcover's they will have breather extentions also that raise the open ports of the engine and gearbox as well as the differentials up above the level of water also. Without doing this a common issue is you drive your 4x4 into water the heat in the gearbox suddenly cools down and the now cold air creates a vaccum that sucks water into the gearbox via the breather's.

I'm not trying to put you off as a Panda can look cool when its all done up, just explaining you won't find any legal bull bars (won't pass an MOT) and a snorkel on it's own will not help you go into deeper water.

I think you can get stuff in Italy but understandably there is not much in the UK as people buy Landrovers for any serious off road play
Hey there,

Thank you for your reply!

I’ll be honest I wasn’t aware of the issues surrounding said modifications, it’s the first car that I’ve owned with any off road potential (I used to drive an Abarth 500).

I just got thinking the other day how you don’t see as many modern Panda’s with off road builds when compared to the original and I was curious what one might look like.

Hey there,

Thank you for your reply!

I’ll be honest I wasn’t aware of the issues surrounding said modifications, it’s the first car that I’ve owned with any off road potential (I used to drive an Abarth 500).

I just got thinking the other day how you don’t see as many modern Panda’s with off road builds when compared to the original and I was curious what one might look like.
Well if you're going to do it do it properly...

Back