OBD scanning & reset Tool

Currently reading:
OBD scanning & reset Tool

Mooks

Good morning everyone,

Now before everyone starts jumping in and having a go at me, yes I am aware this subject has come up before.

I am not looking to use my laptop, so please no replys about FiatECUscan, I am am looking for a TOOL to keep in the car.

So with that said, I've looked on EBay and seen a multitude of devices/tool/scanners so finding one isn't the problem.

What I am wanting to know is this,

Does anyone have a device/tool/scanner they brought which they have been really happy with? And if do can you advise the make/model of it?

I'd like one that covers abs faults and will also reset as we'll as the engine faults etc...

Also, one which provides a short description with the code.

I'm in the process of buy a 1.9 sporting GP 2006 model.

So just to recap, I'm NOT wanting to use my laptop, I'm NOT looking for a cable, I'm NOT looking for a Wireless OBD device for iPhone/android, I'm NOT looking for comments on why not etc...

I AM looking for a plug in hand held devise, that reads faults for engine, ABS, emissions, provides a short description with the fault code, allows me to reset Engine AND Abs lights.

Hope to here from you soon

Mooks

AGM® Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader OBDII OBD2: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

I've had reasonable success with more model cars (2004 onwards)
its a cheap device that reads Engine codes

Some people reported ABS as well, but that depends how the car talks via the DLC

I've had success with
Fiat Punto 1.2 8v 2004
Citroen C1 - 2009
vauxhall Astra 2006 1.3 cdti
Jaguar XF 2008 2.7 v6 diesel
Citroen Xsara picasson 2L HDI 90 2002

No luck with
Pug 406 X Plate 2L
Ford Focus 1.4 diesel 2004

They have all worked for engine communication

ziggy

Thanks,

It's a Fiat a Grande Punto 1.9 MJet, 2006 model and I'd guess budget I could go £30-£40

Thanks again

Ok, I've now got one Vgate VS550, seams to have slot of good reviews and at £32 that's a bonus.

Thanks for help

Don't be surprised or too disappointed if it will only do engine codes. I think the OBD standards are for engine codes only, so Fiat speak a different language for all the other bits, like ABS, Airbags, Aircon, etc. For most stuff other than engine you'll probably need MES or a Fiat dealer.

I'm puzzled as to why you need to keep it in the car. Does it create fault codes daily?

Don't be surprised or too disappointed if it will only do engine codes. I think the OBD standards are for engine codes only, so Fiat speak a different language for all the other bits, like ABS, Airbags, Aircon, etc. For most stuff other than engine you'll probably need MES or a Fiat dealer.

I'm puzzled as to why you need to keep it in the car. Does it create fault codes daily?

its one of the first grande's so yes it probably will throw codes most days:D

thing is if you could buy an all singing dancing tool for under £60 then everyman and his dog would have one
get down shep
best one is sold by pages and it comes in at £600 ish

Back