diagnostic tool for fiat multijet van

Currently reading:
diagnostic tool for fiat multijet van

Giraffe76

Hi all,

I'm looking for a diagnostic tool for my fiat multijet van.

Can anyone recommend any please as there are so many different available that I don't know which one to get

Kind regards Mark

Hi all,

I'm looking for a diagnostic tool for my fiat multijet van.

Can anyone recommend any please as there are so many different available that I don't know which one to get

Kind regards Mark

Hi,
Multiecuscan (MES) from here:
www.multiecuscan.net

A USB ELM 327 interface like:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-ALFA-FIAT-DI...AN-ECU-MODIFIED-For-Multiecuscan/272718545703

and a laptop are my weapons of choice.
Depending on the van and the modules you wnt to access you may need an adaptor lead or two.

Robert G8RPI.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
More specifically check your exact vehicle specification against the MES Supported Vehicles List at http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx

Another point to note is that all modern vehicles have to comply with the basic legal/required EOBD II specifications that cover GENERIC engine parameters and errors codes to meet required emissions regulations. These parameters and error codes are non manufacturer specific specific and common across all makes. This means that many engine and sensor faults, BUT NOT ALL, can be read and reset by most diagnostic tools.

Once one leaves the realm of generic "engine" codes and parameters then manufacturer specific support tools are required.

Back