Nose piercing question

Currently reading:
Nose piercing question

Quicky one here for those that know about body piercing (Alaina?).

I've had a nose piercing for about 9 years now (left side of nose), but because I am currently training in a hospital I have to remove it when on duty (NMC regulations). I didn't bother putting it back in for about five days last week and when I did it seemed like the hole was closing up already. After nine years of having it pierced??? :confused:

Problem is that I normally have a stud in it and it's really fiddly to fit. Anyone have a suggestion as to some kind of nose jewellery that is easy to fit and where I can get it from?

Thanks! (y)

a "gujerati" nose stud, tiny ball of gold, with a flattish spiral behind it, sort of twists into your piercing, easy to put in and take out, i think almost every female in my family has a few, and is prefered to the clip type

peircing places :)

i find that when ive had a ring in for ages, the hole changes.. it grows around the ring and thus making the hole more angled, and then it makes it tricky to put a stud in. used to have a ring all the time now i have one of them L shaped studs and they do my nut! i wanted one of the twisty things, but i have small nostrels apparently lol, so it would poke my septum :( lolzz

peircing places :)

i find that when ive had a ring in for ages, the hole changes.. it grows around the ring and thus making the hole more angled, and then it makes it tricky to put a stud in. used to have a ring all the time now i have one of them L shaped studs and they do my nut! i wanted one of the twisty things, but i have small nostrels apparently lol, so it would poke my septum :( lolzz

Ah, yes, piercing places. Duh! :rolleyes: :p

I'm not sure I can fit one of those twisty studs in as when I first got it pierced it got infected and I have scar tissue on the inside of my nose. This makes the hole quite deep which is why I tend to wear plain studs or large'ish rings (closed rings are even more of a pain to get in though!)

I'm wondering if I should get an open ended ring with a screw on ball fitting like those that are used in other body parts? Just seems at the moment that every time I get home from work I have to spend 5 minutes poking my finger up my nose!

Bit lucky that I only have two piercings now as NMC guidelines only allow us to wear one stud in our ear and none allowed on our faces while at work. I used to have three in one ear and one in the other! Just have the one ear and the nose stud now.

I've had my nose done for about 16 years. I've got it done twice in the same side.
But they still close up, dont matter if I leave them out for a week or a year. But I've found it only tends to be a layer of skin on the inside.

As for rings, you will probably find a ring closure or proper nose stud easier. Cos there would be no closing or butterfly ect.

They have loads on ebay to give you an idea....

http://search.ebay.co.uk/nose-ring_...0QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ3QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

But no buying the, Red bull one-size posing pouch lol ;) :p

my ring was like.. not a ring with a ball like my lip one, it had one flat side, that came out, you can get ones with hinges which make it easier cos the flat bit was a pain in the arse to get in and out! yeah.. the best way to discribe my old ring is like a D but not as much flat on one side :)

my ring was like.. not a ring with a ball like my lip one, it had one flat side, that came out, you can get ones with hinges which make it easier cos the flat bit was a pain in the arse to get in and out! yeah.. the best way to discribe my old ring is like a D but not as much flat on one side :)

I think I know what you mean...I just use hinged rings, they are ment for ears but they are the only ones I can get that are small enough for my liking, my piercings are low and through the muscle bit of my nose if you get what I mean so I can use the smallest hoop possible...that's why I had to do them myself :slayer: lol, cos I couldn't find anyone who would do it so low.

i fancy a new peircing but dunno what to get

What do you have already?

Cheers for the suggestions Missey and Kaylorz (y) For once I didn't think to look on Ebay and you're right - there's loads. And Missey, you don't think I should get that Red Bull pouch and wear it to the ACE Cafe meet next week?!!! :devil:

Custard, if you want a new piercing how about a 'frenum' piercing? Don't look at the link if you're squeamish though ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenum_piercing

hmm got the prince albert,dunno if i could go for the frenum.
got my nipple peirced,tongue and belly button.
had facial peircings before but took em out with work.
cant really get any facial piercings just now as im looking to do krav maga classes so would just get damaged/ripped

Quicky one here for those that know about body piercing (Alaina?).

sorry for the lateness was in spain :)

seems youve had the question answered very well tho. the nose stud most recommened in the piercing industry is the titanium bar with the twist/hook on the end. earing should never bee used and neither should straight bars. obivously the other options and the rings BCR'S (Ball Closure ring) are a complete pain the the ass, most fiddly stoopid things EVA! the horseshoe ring that you mentioned is another option however they tend to be a tad large. you do get bar closure rings as also metioned above which are alot easier to contend with.

another option could be a labret? make life a little easier.

finnaly with ref to it closing up, with some people a piercing will always try to close, no matter how long theyve been done, every body is different, noses and tongues are particularly bad for it. do you think you could get away with a keeper at work? a very slim piece of clear plastic that ensure the hole wont close?

:)

Cheers for the heads up Alaina (y)

Problem with working in a hospital is not actually wearing the thing but the fact that nose piercings have been linked to harbouring MRSA. Quite a few Indian/ Asian ladies where I work and even they have to remove their nose studs.

I'll probably try some of the cheapies off Ebay or just keep using the stud and butterfly I have for the moment. What I think would be good would be a 'C' shaped semi ring with a fixed ball at one end and a screw on ball at the other. That way I can fit it from the inside of my nose and screw on the ball from the outside. Will investigate some piercing/ tattoo parlours when I get some time off.

Just remembered that I forgot to put the stud back in when I came home from work tonight... :bang:

Back