General noisy door hinge in hot weather

Currently reading:
General noisy door hinge in hot weather

JohnRock

I am new to this forum so this is my first post. In hot weather the rear doors on my Evo are stiff and noisy, its not the hinges but the strap in the centre. I have tried all types of lubrication but nothing seems to work. Can anybody offer a solution?

I am new to this forum so this is my first post. In hot weather the rear doors on my Evo are stiff and noisy, its not the hinges but the strap in the centre. I have tried all types of lubrication but nothing seems to work. Can anybody offer a solution?

Hi i have the same and its a common thing with puntos i find one of the best things is gt85 which u can get from halfords thats what stops it on my car and for first use dont be shy with it put it on the check stram and on the hinges to i spay on and open and close the door till noise is gone whatever u do DONT use WD-40

Hi i have the same and its a common thing with puntos i find one of the best things is gt85 which u can get from halfords thats what stops it on my car and for first use dont be shy with it put it on the check stram and on the hinges to i spay on and open and close the door till noise is gone whatever u do DONT use WD-40
Hi, I also suffer with this on my 2010 Evo, so tried White Lithium spray although noise has not gone. Unfortunately read your post after I'd bought the spray. Should I still try the gt85?

Hi, I also suffer with this on my 2010 Evo, so tried White Lithium spray although noise has not gone. Unfortunately read your post after I'd bought the spray. Should I still try the gt85?

Yes thats what i found works to get rid of the noise

I used gt85 and it did nothing. I have the same problem I have located it to the end of the door stay inside the door. So to get to it you have to take the door card off. I haven't done it as inside the end is covered by a rubber type box. So I'm dubious about ripping that bit apart. But it's really embarrassing.

I used gt85 and it did nothing. I have the same problem I have located it to the end of the door stay inside the door. So to get to it you have to take the door card off. I haven't done it as inside the end is covered by a rubber type box. So I'm dubious about ripping that bit apart. But it's really embarrassing.

is yours also temp related..??

must admit I've not noticed on my 2013.. but don't use the rear doors much..

This is a real pain on Puntos. I too have tried different types of lubricant on my punto, none of which work in hot weather.

Back