General No working key

Currently reading:
General No working key

Pandahawk

Hi all

just recently bought my first panda , had to get it lifted back home as has an intermittent non start problem in that the immobiliser symbol won't go out, if you fiddle with the key you can sometimes get it to work, I have stripped the key down checked all solder joints , now it is not working at all.

am I able to get a new key coded as I do know the immobiliser code or do I have to get the car to a Fiat dealership?

it is a 2004 model

Hi all

just recently bought my first panda , had to get it lifted back home as has an intermittent non start problem in that the immobiliser symbol won't go out, if you fiddle with the key you can sometimes get it to work, I have stripped the key down checked all solder joints , now it is not working at all.

am I able to get a new key coded as I do know the immobiliser code or do I have to get the car to a Fiat dealership?

it is a 2004 model
Both keys not working is more likely an immobiliser issue. Search on here there seem to be some aerial issues. Some good posts on here already with pointer.

Hi panda nut

i only have one key and I am pretty sure it's the key as occasionally if you tapped it, it would work

if it’s a remote key it’s probably repairable take it to a good auto locksmith for a reasonable amount

No the CODE is no use in pre programming a key

The data has to be read from the body computer

Plenty of people that can sort that for you. Search for Fiat all keys lost

Remote working around £150 is the going rate

Mechanical key to start the car around £80

Clone key if you can get your working around £40

Back