Technical No climate control

Currently reading:
Technical No climate control

Blimsters

Hello all, apologies if posted in the wrong place.
The other day the climate control in car completely stopped working, so I have no hot or cold air blower.

So far I’ve checked the fuse under the bonnet and checked the wire connectors in the footwell (all of which seems to be okay).
I know pretty much nothing about cars and terrible with set of tools so this is about is much as I would probably know how to check.
Any advice on what’s likely to be the problem?

Hiya mate,
I’d say your best bet would be to venture over to the passenger side footwell, and pull the resistor that sits at the very end of the footwell. The resistor’s condition, as well as the wiring feeding into it can give both you and anyone else trying to diagnose the problem a good orientation on what to do next. If needed, I’m happy to write a step by step guide to pulling it out. it’s probably one of, if not the easiest things to do on the car. All you need is a pair of hands, some sort of screwdriver and a good sense of direction when lying upside down ;)
Good luck!,
Ian

And after you’ve followed the step by step guide to pulling out the resistor you’ll find your climate control system doesn’t have a resistor it uses a pulse width modulator which can be expensive to replace and hard to find

And after you’ve followed the step by step guide to pulling out the resistor you’ll find your climate control system doesn’t have a resistor it uses a pulse width modulator which can be expensive to replace and hard to find
I was assuming by climate control he was talking about the whole AC/Fan/Temp control area found on non dual climate Puntos. Apologies if I misinterpreted that!

Back