Technical NO ABS/NO TRACTION CONTROL/NO HILL HOLDER.

Currently reading:
Technical NO ABS/NO TRACTION CONTROL/NO HILL HOLDER.

Dazzacan

Hi all, I have a 2008 1.9 multijet sporting, which started to do this a couple of months ago.

For the last couple of years, there's been a repetitive rubbing sound-like a warped disc or a wheel bearing. But I've had these checked and it isn't them. This stops (or gets considerably quieter) when the above warnings start to flash up. Could this be something connected to a wheel hub, related to the ABS? And ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Daz

Hi all, I have a 2008 1.9 multijet sporting, which started to do this a couple of months ago.

For the last couple of years, there's been a repetitive rubbing sound-like a warped disc or a wheel bearing. But I've had these checked and it isn't them. This stops (or gets considerably quieter) when the above warnings start to flash up. Could this be something connected to a wheel hub, related to the ABS? And ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Daz
Can you give more information to help Forum members advise you or make a suggestion, front/rear, when turning steering/touching brakes/freewheeling in neutral/under load climbing a hill/ after a long journey/ just starting off/ maybe a recording of the noise, etc. etc.
Can even be something as strange as an electrical relay buzzing in side the vehicle if noise changes when warning signs come on.
Could even be a slipping alternator belt reducing the voltage to the battery causing the ECU /BCM to stop the ABS/traction control/hill holder functions.
You would like to think if the noise has been checked out and has been going on for many years, it would have been found or failed by now if serious, it may be unrelated to the ABS etc. messages. Modern vehicles are loaded with extras, any one of which can fail.
I never expected my customers to know what was wrong, but as they will drive the vehicle many thousands of miles more than me and will know when something changes and is not normal in their vehicle, they are best placed to give all the symptoms.:)

Would this cause a slight knocking sound though? It's as if there's something rubbing every time the wheels turn, which gets faster as I speed up, and gets worse when I turn right. But, I've had all the hubs/discs and bearings checked and they're all okay?

Back