General No block heater in Fiat punto

Currently reading:
General No block heater in Fiat punto

Farooq

I bought a new fiat punto 1.2 few months ago. Now temperatures in Finland is very low and it has some problems in starting at -30 degrees. unfortunately it does not have a block heater. What is the alternate solution if there is the possibility to heatup the engine without block heater before starting in the morning.. What would be the cost of installing block heater in Finland and where to buy it ?

I bought a new fiat punto 1.2 few months ago. Now temperatures in Finland is very low and it has some problems in starting at -30 degrees. unfortunately it does not have a block heater. What is the alternate solution if there is the possibility to heatup the engine without block heater before starting in the morning.. What would be the cost of installing block heater in Finland and where to buy it ?
Check this website, they are a well known supplier for cars and truck, no idea on price though. https://www.eberspaecher.com/en/climate-control-systems/pre-heater-retrofit-for-passenger-cars

Cheapest method for cold climate is to take the battery home every night.
Extreme version: you don't switch the car off (it's idling all night long).

Now, joke aside,.. Better solution that is working for me is to fit in larger car battery, you can make custom car battery housing and you get enough room to fit 100Ah large car battery. This would be enough also to drive your heater, but this good car battery might be enough and you maybe dont need to continue with the heater.. I also intended to proceed with the heater, but it turned out its okay only with improved capacity of car battery.

Why not just fit a block heater, they are relatively inexpensive to find and fit an electric heater.

Back