Technical Radio not working in Fiat Punto 2017 Easy+ Daiichi radio

Currently reading:
Technical Radio not working in Fiat Punto 2017 Easy+ Daiichi radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Punto2017

Hi all,

The radio in my Punto suddenly stopped working overnight and I have noticed that the steering wheel controls do not illuminate. (I suspect that this is linked to the problem).

I have checked all the fuses (Interior and exterior) and the radio is getting power. I have also disconnected the negative battery terminal to reset the system but that didn't work either.

Has anyone come across this problem before and if so, what was the cause of the problem?

Any help would be much appreicated.

Thank you

Hi all,

The radio in my Punto suddenly stopped working overnight and I have noticed that the steering wheel controls do not illuminate. (I suspect that this is linked to the problem).

I have checked all the fuses (Interior and exterior) and the radio is getting power. I have also disconnected the negative battery terminal to reset the system but that didn't work either.

Has anyone come across this problem before and if so, what was the cause of the problem?

Any help would be much appreicated.

Thank you
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I’ve never had my hands on the radio you will have fitted to your car but I can tell you for sure that looking on the grande forums as per the previous reply is unlikely to help you.

Your late model Punto is very different to all earlier puntos as from a wiring perspective all the older puntos had blue and me which your car didn’t have, the blue and me module was separate from the radio and so in an older Punto there where multiple wires and units in multiple places in the car.

Your car is not like this and there are not separate units, just the radio head unit.

Now as I said I have not had my hands on that particular radio but usually all radios have their own 10amp fuse on the back. If yours does not have this then it will still likely have an internal fuse.
What I would say is that the Daiichi radios they fitted to late model puntos were very cheaply made and I have seen a few on here fail for little to no reason.

Worst case scenario you may need to send it off for repair, there are plenty of car radio repair places about. It is also worth considering replacing it as the fiat units are just not good and it may well fail again

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back