Technical Newbie needing a bit of assistance!

Currently reading:
Technical Newbie needing a bit of assistance!

JohnJackson

Good afternoon everyone!
Hope you are all enjoying a fine bank holiday weekend..
I have a Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge 2010 and have a couple of questions.
1. How can I get the update files for the blue and me system? I have looked at the download page Fiat points me to but the page is dead?
2. I have the multiecuscan software but I think I may have purchased the wrong cable as the one I have won’t connect to the body module although it does connect to the engine module. Is there a recommended cable?
3. The radiator fan is not working I have checked the fuses and relay they were all good. I have also replaced the resistor but still not cutting in. When I use multiecuscan to activate I can hear clicking but the fan does not activate in either high or low speed mode. Any ideas where to look next?

I know that was 3 questions but hey! 🤪

Thanks in advance for your assistance..

Good afternoon everyone!
Hope you are all enjoying a fine bank holiday weekend..
I have a Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge 2010 and have a couple of questions.
1. How can I get the update files for the blue and me system? I have looked at the download page Fiat points me to but the page is dead?
2. I have the multiecuscan software but I think I may have purchased the wrong cable as the one I have won’t connect to the body module although it does connect to the engine module. Is there a recommended cable?
3. The radiator fan is not working I have checked the fuses and relay they were all good. I have also replaced the resistor but still not cutting in. When I use multiecuscan to activate I can hear clicking but the fan does not activate in either high or low speed mode. Any ideas where to look next?

I know that was 3 questions but hey! 🤪

Thanks in advance for your assistance..
Hi and welcome… as for the blue & me … it’s kind of dead now I’m sorry to say! It was replaced in the facelift 500s with Uconnect and that’s getting old now too so unfortunately it seems in their wisdom Fiat decided to not keep the updates going for B&M

Do you have the yellow adapter!? That’s the one for the body computer ect…..
As for the fan if it’s not a fuse or the resistor personally I have no idea!? But someone else may be able to advise

How can I get the update files for the blue and me system?
Just be aware that there are hardware restrictions on what can be updated. There are restrictions on what updates can be installed on a 2010 car. Some folks have bricked the unit by trying to install incompatible updates.

If it's working, (and many units of that vintage will have failed by now), I'd suggest you leave well alone.

Work out which relay clicks, pull it out and test it provided you know how to, you can use a 9v battery like in a smoke alarm but keep your fingers away, the relay can give you quite a zap, if it tests ok you have a bigger issue, even if the fan was faulty it wouldn't make the relay click just blow the fuse, temporarily pull the ac ŕelay too?

Little update.. decided to get a rested 2nd hand fan and after a quick swap hey presto all working again! Next job seems to be a noise coming from passenger side front. Sounds like it could be the engine mount. Is this a common failure?
Thanks for all the input so far..

Back