General What AreThe Chances Of A Twinair Doing A Trip Around Europe?

Currently reading:
General What AreThe Chances Of A Twinair Doing A Trip Around Europe?

Its such an abstract question I dont think we have a hope of answering it!!
If the cars running well,fully serviced good tyres etc then it well could?, but take oil, coolant, and some spares such as plugs, coil pack etc and of course the tools to fit them.
Make sure you have good international breakdown cover in place as well!, be wise to have it in your mind that if it all goes tits up you might have to abandon the car rather than pay out for major repairs (best to take the cars documentation with you!) and finally have enough in your budget for air fair home if the worst happens!.
Other than that not much more you can do! best of luck!

If the cars running well,fully serviced good tyres etc then it well could?, but take oil, coolant, and some spares such as plugs, coil pack etc and of course the tools to fit them.
Make sure you have good international breakdown cover in place as well!,
Yeah thats what I was wondering.....didn't really want a car full of tools.... but I suppose it'll add a bit of ballast, and hence a smoother ride abeit higher consumption. :unsure:

7k is about a years worth of motoring in a month (for me anyway). So did oil and filter change, plus cleaned twinair filter, rear shoes tomorrow....already fitted four new tyres. Jeezzz, that means taking the laptop & MES :(

Better checkout IBC thx.

Why the hell not! I wouldnt hesitate. I would however check and clean brakes on top of full service. I regularly do 200 mile trips in mine and next month it it will be doing much more. I dont even think about it. A run will do it good! It does 350 in a day as easilyas did my Golf TDI DSG, and IT doesnt rattle and creak like that did.

I'm planning a 7000 mile round trip around Europe, will it do it?

Starts in a fortnight....
Depends on the age of the car and its current mileage.

If the car is over 10 years old and/or 80k miles then expect to spend some time at the garage!

It'll make the trip more interesting if you break down, something to talk about :)

Have fun.

It's a fair trip.., 🤔

@babbo_umbro

Did LOTS in their TA

NO reason it should pose problems,

Biggest risks.. Accident damage, followed by pushing it harder than it's had in years

If you do normal speeds at normal trmperatures

I wouldn't be too concerned

My punto is on 75k now, still good for that kind of thing 😊

I drive every year (with my RIB on a boattrailer) 4000 Km to Croatia and back. My Abarth is from 2011 and has 120.000 Km on the odometer. And yes it has just had fresh oil, filters and plugs, but I don't see a problem. Doing this for 25 years now with Stilo MW's, Panda 100HP and now the Abarth for the 4th time.
Don't worry. Be happy!

gr J

I drive every year (with my RIB on a boattrailer) 4000 Km to Croatia and back. My Abarth is from 2011 and has 120.000 Km on the odometer. And yes it has just had fresh oil, filters and plugs, but I don't see a problem. Doing this for 25 years now with Stilo MW's, Panda 100HP and now the Abarth for the 4th time.
Don't worry. Be happy!

gr J

:ROFLMAO: Magic, Thx very much :cool:(y)

Thats the sort of post I needed to see.

I used to go across the mainland europe in many an old Renault and Citroen never had any issues either Always gave the car a thorough check, hoses, rad, fluids and changed plugs and filter. Many trips with my parents and only two problems in decades, a burst caravan tyre and a badly fitted crankshaft main oilseal failing in the Maxi. That was a car that one could write a book about however.

If you’re on top of the maintenance and there’s no known major problems then why shouldn’t it? I’ve done many a long trip (not 7k I might add) where I’ve not been sure a car is up to it due to age etc, but as long as you keep your eye on fluid levels etc and don’t ignore any noises that appear i bet it’ll surprise you. I normally find it’s something like a tyre that unexpectedly lets you down rather than something you were expecting! Good luck and pictures a plenty please 😎

I’m sure your physical and mental health will fail before the car 😂

It’s a hell of a trip, is it for a rally or so? Be easier to take a plane and hire a car if not

Back