General New Ulysse Connect Nav +

Currently reading:
General New Ulysse Connect Nav +

Hi,

It seems they have found the transporter and my car. They are getting it ready for tomorrow and it will be delivered around lunchtime. I am looking forward to playing with all the gadgets.

I may not be here to receive it as my wife is showing the early signs of labour and the baby could be on it's way !!!!!!!. We could be on our way this evening to the hospital. My parents will come over and take delivery (of the car of course).

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Poggy

Hi Graham

Have you actually tried the DVD sockets? I did plug a digital camera into them, with relevant leads, and got nothing. Is it a software upgrade? Is there anything else I need to do?

I thought the DVD was a £1410 option on the car - not an option I purchased because you can get them a lot cheaper aftermarket.

Oh yeah, our car never got picked up by dealer yesterday - the driver coming up for it decided to go home instead!

Stuart

YES I HAVE TRIED IT THERE ARE 3 SOCKETS 1 VIDEO OR DVD THE OTHER TWO ARE STEREO AUDIO CONNECTIONS THIS IS ALL EXPLAINED IN THE MANUAL . THE DVD YOU TALK ABOUT IS ONE WHICH FOLDS OUT OF THE ROOF SO YOU CAN DRIVE AT THE SAME TIME WITHOUT DISTRACTIONS.I GOT MY DVD FROM ALDIS FOR £199:D;)

graham

FIAT HAVE NOW CHANGED THE FORMAT OF THEIR DIRECT AUCTIONS AND YOU CAN NOW LOOK ROUND THE CARS TRY THEM OUT ETC THE JUST FILL IN A FORM WITH YOUR OFFER HAND IT IN TO THE CASHIER

graham

Hi,

We had a baby boy this morning at 9:35am, weighing in at 8lb 9oz. Very exciting. Totally forgot the car was being delivered and found the delivery man here when I got back from the hospital. Just driven the car for the 1st time to see my wife and baby. It is greast but as I haven't slept since 8am on Monday, I couldn't really give it a good test.

Anyway, I got a manual on the Connect Nav, but absolutely nothing about the 1 year free subscription. What do I need to do to get it working, I can't see anyway of programming it. Did you receive a seperate book or letter or something to activate it.

Couple of minor problems, the roof lining is sagging above the second and third sunroofs and the drivers heated seat - isn't. Other than that it seems pretty good. I got the tyre pressure option, but the manual says nothing about how it is set up.

Any help on a contact number for the Telematics would be useful. I will try the dealer tomorrow and see if they can activate it ot at least tell me how to.

Off to get some sleep now.

Poggy

Hi Poggy!

Congrats again - sleepless nights for ever more!

You around today? I can send you my number to you pm on here, and we can have a chat if you want....

When I first got car, my Connect not connected [and not even now]. The dealer eventually came up with a 3 part form, one that I had not signed on delivery day, one part of which gets faxed to the Connect UK branch/Fiat etc. [This what stemmed the initial query on here, about how to get the Connect Code off the system]. You need to give them the SIM mobile number as well.

Once they have this form, you dial 08000 964823 which connects you to Milan. You say you need activating, they pull up your details, and then they go into your system to activate - this is as far as I have got!

As far as tyre pressure, nothing to set up. It is a sensor within the tyre, that sends any warnings direct to the Connect system. The only way to prove it is in there is to deflate a tyre I suppose. Haven't done that yet!

Cheers Graham about the DVD option. I will try it again tonight using a camcorder or something. The A/V inputs should work with any A/V device surely. Does the car engine need to be off, or is this not an issue? I did try it originally with a digicam but got jack.

Stuart

Hi,

Sorry I have been tied up today moving the baby and my wife to the local maternity home for a couple of days rest. She had a few stitches afterwards and she lost quite a lot of blood, but should be OK in a few days with rest. Baby is doing well and had a good feed this evening.

Send me a PM with your number and we can have a chat. The garage phoned and left a message today. I called them back when I got a chance and they told me how to take the number off the system and we filled in the form over the phone. She promised to fax it to them immediately and I am hoping to get a call in the next couple of days to activate it. When they first asked me to get the number they told me to press the SOS button and it should bring up a menu, in fact it called the emergency services. They then called the TargaConnect centre to check and then called me back and told me to press and hold the menu key. This got the Connect menu up and my special number. I have logged three mobile numbers, which covers all our phones.

Hopefully it will work once I get it activated.

I know what happened to your super visibility pack, the dark tinted windows were put in my car instead. We only asked for the visibility pack, but got the super visibility instead.

Poggy

Hi

Amazing how they can get the orders so wrong with tinted windows....

I tried in vain to get the CONNECT number out of my system; even now, still can't do it. No one at the dealers knew, the people in Milan gave me wrong info BUT when I get home later will try holding down the menu key; I remember seeing the screen you mentioned with all the numbers on it, but this was on Day 1 when I was playing with all the buttons; I have never seen it since.

As far as those A/v connectors, I have nothing in my manual - it just says that they are for future expansion!!!!! They are connected behind [only because I saw the wires when it fell off in my hand!], but when I plug a video source into it, nothing happens. Graham, can you elaborate a bit more, please......

Numbers sent to pm.

Stuart

How did you guys manage to get rid of the 'Breakdown and Emergency calls deactivated' message? I've had this up on my car since I bought it and guess what, 2 dealers have tried to sort it without luck.
The instruction I was given when trying to obtain the device ID code was firstly check the label on the unit which involved taking it out of the dash but of course there was nothing there!
The second thing I was told was to push the SOS button and a menu would appear, this did not work and I suspect is down to the emergency calls being disabled.
It's currently in the shop this week (again!) so I await their latest response, they have brought a Fiat trouble shooter over (I'm in N.Ireland).

On the subject of the audio/video sockets I too have tried connecting a DV camcorder but have had no luck, keen to hear how to do it.

Keggers,

I have no idea how Milan got rid of the 'deactivated' notice. It was there up until the first time they tried to Connect me, and even though not connected, the warning sign disappeared. BUT will try holding down MENU button later to see what happens - don't hold your breath.

A/V sockets? Who knows - maybe Graham got lucky with his DVD setup - I didn't get tinted windows, Poggy did, Graham got DVD - bummer........

Stuart

Hi y'all,

Wow - holding down the MENU button worked; managed to get the Connect Menu again. This is not in manual, nor did anyone at Fiat know. I noted that my car mobile is in there, BUT with the final 3 digits as X's - I presume this is for security purposes, or is the cause of my Connection problem.

How do I insert numbers in the remaining 4 spaces? I have tried all combinations of buttons, but nothing. The number in slot 1 was not put in there by me, but by the guys and galls in Milan during the First Contact!

Stuart

Hi,

I got my Connect Nav working and sent a test message which worked well.

You need to make sure that they have the correct Network registered. they had BT Cellnet for mine and it is One 2 One. When they changed it, it worked straight away.

I am going to register the rest of my numbers now and hopefully they will all work. You can have upto 5 numbers I think.

Just need to sort out the carpet set now, the dealer gave me a set for the old version which don't fit.

The car drives well though and I am impressed with the electric doors, you can have a lot of fun winding people up.

Stuart, I'll give you a call tomorrow. Still catching up on the sleepless nights.

Regards,

Poggy

Hiya

The do have the correct network registered - BT Cellnet in my case. I think I am getting a call from a technician tonight at 6. I don't know any more....

How do you amend the numbers on the Connect Screen? As I said before, still got my number but ending with XXX?

Any idea of the cost of those carpets - I got mine thrown i for free, but would like to know the benefit of all that.

Speak soon

Stu

PS Being having sleepless nights for 3 years - it don't go away!

Hi,
I'm new here. Short intro, From Malaysia and just got my Ulysse today, it's a 2.0 here in malaysia they call it Emotion. Been following the problem with the Connect Nav system, I think I can't use it in Malaysia. Therefore I hope somebody can help me in deactivate the message 'Breakdown and Emergency calls deactivated'.
Another thing nobody been mentioning about the INFOTELEMATIC SYSTEM. Do they have it in the UK spec? The problem with it is, too little information given in the manual supplied by our distributor here in malaysia. My first day driving was quite distracting with a lot of info coming in through the display that I do not understand. Appreciate if more information can be provided to me.

Hi Romulan

Infotelematic system - yes, it is part of the UK spec - telematics for short - and it does display a lot of info i.e. child lock activation, automatic windscreen activated, traffic alerts activated etc..... always stuff coming up on it, which I think is good. But manuals are pretty poor.

Unable to deactivate that message - I think it has to be done through Connect Services in Milan, unless I am mistaken.

Stuart

This seems to be the place for general Ulysse moans.
I've had the 2.2JTD for about 6 months. It was an ex demo so I didnt have to wait, but obviously got the extras that were there. Doors, visibilitypack, alloys, pressure sensors ets.

My problems to date.
1) Doors open again immediately after they close. I think this is a problem with the seals/sensor.
2) I have a window that sometimes opens when it's supposed to close. ie you remote lock the car, all the windows close except the rear passenger one which opens! - this is a real pain.
3) The nav system now cuts out when it gets hot (after about an hour) so I cant navigate, listen to music or use the phone. Again a real pain.
4) The car sometimes locks itself after I've unlocked it. It seems to happen when it's damp.

It's going in for 12,000 service this AM - I'll let you know.

BTW I've never even tried to get the connect thing working, I assumed it was a subscription thing. I'd be interested to know how you gusy get on.

On the good side. I do like the car, I dont find mine rattly at all (execpt for the junk I keep in the door pockets). I CAN get 40mpg but more often 34ish or if fully loaded 30ish.

Froggy

Hi Froggy

Ulysse Moans - oh yes - maybe we should point the dealers this way - I keep telling mine about the FiatForum on the net but he has no idea!!!

Now had the car about 2 months; still love it as well, generally, even though teething probs still to sort!

Haven't quite had 40 mpg yet - did a 100 mile run the other day, fully loaded [wife, 2 kids, usual stuff] and managed an average of 37mpg. But this was mainly on dual carriageways, sticking at 80 or so. But took it down to Newbury by myself a few weeks ago, and because I kept booting it, dread to think what I got - prob more like 25 - oh well.

Stuart

Back