General New Ulysse Connect Nav +

Currently reading:
General New Ulysse Connect Nav +

Originally posted by peterhillman
I have just bought a Fiat Marea 'S' reg. I am having problems with the remote keys, in that they are progressivley getting worse. I have been told that I need a four pin code to be able to buy a re-placement key. Does anyone know of a way of getting the four digit code or getting re-placement keys without one.

Many Thanks
Pete

???? No idea - try the Marea forum!!! Easy enough to do, go into Edit Post and respecify! :)

Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, 53 plate, with options :D Angel Tuning [see ad] tuned ;)

Hello
Have owned Ulysse Prestigio since March. 2.0 JTD Auto. It had been sat in the showroom, unregistered, for a while - the dealer had intended it for his own use.
Connect took a while for us as well - whole host of reasons - none of them down to the dealer. We are on Orange and had to make sure all of the answer services, etc were temporarily suspended by 'phone company (not just on the handset).
Sat Nav works well but can anyome tell me how to set up TMC (supposed to inform you of traffic problems) or is the only way to get that kind of information through the Connect set up. Thought it should also be available as part of Nav system.
Ref AVs in front of vehicle - we have had a drop down screen and DVD installed (TV to follow!!). The AVs allow you to run DVD through the front (nav) screen, whilst the vehicle is stationary. Go into Main, select the Video Camera icon and select avtivate video. The installation was done by a local in car entertainment, etc company and they worked that lot out. (Motronics, Southampton).
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the set up could be changed, allowing the front screen to be used for viewing DVD etc when vehicle is in motion - how????

Hi JC.

Firstly, TMC does not work in this country on the RT3 unit, even though Classic FM broadcasts it. Apparently it is in a different format, typical, and I think there is another thread on here about that.

You mention drop down screen - I presume this is part of the Fiat package or not?

To use front screen and the AV sockets in the glovebox, you need to put you car on the examiner unit at the dealer. They can then switch it on, plus deactivate the speed sensor which turns it off over a certain speed.

Hope this helps

Stu

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, with options<font size="6">Vote for me, THE DemonD</font id="size6">

So although technically you can enable the front screen such that it can be used to view an external input while the car is moving, in a lot of countries it is illegal to do so (hence the default restriction) and it's certainly not a safe thing to do.

Plus - how will you get your satnav directions while watching a movie?!

John ;)

One point, the TV is not a CRT type but LCD, so technically not covered by the law. BUT they will still prosecute under 'driving without due care and attention', or worse.

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, with options<font size="6">Vote for me, THE DemonD</font id="size6">

One point, the TV is not a CRT type but LCD, so technically not covered by the law. BUT they will still prosecute under 'driving without due care and attention', or worse.

You might be able to argue the toss against the law here in the UK (go on I dare you), but in some European countries it's more strict and does cover the LCD screen as a video display!

John ;)

Back