New System, Bass weak when not cd?

Currently reading:
New System, Bass weak when not cd?

Better value yes, but doesn't sound just as nice, trust me. It might on an average system.

try and find the difference between the latest MP3 VBR on the highest setting and the original disc.

Unless your some sort of mad, and i mean mad audio buff, you won't be able to tell the difference.

If you can, there is atrac lossless, apple advanced lossless, flac, ogg.

A couple weeks ago, I fitted:

Dual 12" Kenwood Sub
Sony Xplod CDX-GT300S head unit
Kicker 200.2 (roughly) amp

It all works great! Bass works perfect, and the sound quality is incredible - unless you are not listening to an 'official' cd.

If I connect the Ipod, either through the Aux connection, or the special Ipod connector/controller, the bass sounds incredibly bad. It drowns out the music, even on the lowest setting. It also feels as if the bass has slowed down in this situation - even the subs themselves seem to vibrate noticably slower than from a 'proper' cd.

If I put in a CD which Ive paid for (not one ive burnt myself), then it all sounds just perfect.

Trying the CD's in a friends car, the sound is perfect. Just, the bass is awful in mine with them.

A friend said it was probably just my taste in music, but the same track from a CD came out just as bad when copied to another CD, or to the ipod. These sounded great in other cars.

Ive always copied tracks as 256-bit MP3's - again, these seem fine in friends cars, but in mine, the bass just sucks.

Any ideas?

Thats what you get for buying a sony HU. I have one too. will buy pioneer next time.

Try turning on BBE MP on button 5, it should improve bass (most likely in the account of having screeching treble)

Thats what you get for buying a sony HU. I have one too. will buy pioneer next time.

Try turning on BBE MP on button 5, it should improve bass (most likely in the account of having screeching treble)

i Run a Sony HU, connected via USB to my Sony NW-A3000.

Sound quality is absolutely spot on.

Nothing up with Sony.... maybe better, but they have an excellent sound signature that is nice, warm, and fun..

And why spend ££££'s on Car audio when most people don't even have sound set-ups as good as or better at home.

Waste of time if it's like that if you ask me.

As has been mentioned, good quality discs, and music at a bit rate of AT LEAST 512k will sound near enough as good as a normal CD. For the ultimate quality a bit rate of 700+ is better for people with perfect sounding systems :)

and o, this annoyed me... there is no such thing.

MP3 goes up to 320kbps and thats your lot.

Waste of time if it's like that if you ask me.

Some would say it's a waste of time paying extra for genuine Abarth stuff if near identical replicas are available for roughly half price.

Sony did make some real nice stuff, but their recent stuff falls short IMO.

Some would say it's a waste of time paying extra for genuine Abarth stuff if near identical replicas are available for roughly half price.

Sony did make some real nice stuff, but their recent stuff falls short IMO.

No, you missed the point..

Having genuine Abarth Skirts Look cool, the replica's also look cool, and how many people can actually tell the difference.

This is where I am coming from with sound. Most people probably use iPod's with stock earbuds, and never heard of headphones such as Shure e4c's, and the like.

And for the majority of the time, most people are happy with the stock iPod and think it sounds good, when in reality, its crap. Going on this, why should people be using Absolutely phenominal equipment in their cars, when they would be happier with much cheaper equipment, because, basically, they can't tell the difference.

So, yes, in most cases, it is pointless in people spending the extra money on audio, using 320kbps MP3 or 128kbps MP3, because most people can't hear the different and don't care.

You on the hand, you seem like an audiophile. I am to an extent, i just don't have the money to be one ;)

Diagmato - I have the same H/U. People are going on about the quality of the recorded CD.

Have you went through the Headunit and checked the Bass, Treble etc. properties? Also have a fiddle with the DSO button and EQ3 button they should have an impact on your Sound Quality (y)

Again with the quality of the CD's - it doesnt entirely explain how the same CD can cause amazing sound in a friends car (or even in a newly bought sound system for the house ;)).

Someone in halfords suggested that the subs may not be bridged properly - maybe the wires are flipped the wrong way around, making the subs "out of sync".

Ive had a play around with the head unit, and its made some difference, but as soon as the song changes, the bass it either too weak or too strong.

Ill have a go with the wires as soon as i get to the car - the manual for the home's subwoofer seems to back up the Halford's guy's claim that the wires are wrong.

(About the bitrate above 192 - are you using variable or constant bitrate? That hissing shouldnt be happening, at least on 256 :s).

Again with the quality of the CD's - it doesnt entirely explain how the same CD can cause amazing sound in a friends car (or even in a newly bought sound system for the house ;)).

Someone in halfords suggested that the subs may not be bridged properly - maybe the wires are flipped the wrong way around, making the subs "out of sync".

Ive had a play around with the head unit, and its made some difference, but as soon as the song changes, the bass it either too weak or too strong.

Ill have a go with the wires as soon as i get to the car - the manual for the home's subwoofer seems to back up the Halford's guy's claim that the wires are wrong.

(About the bitrate above 192 - are you using variable or constant bitrate? That hissing shouldnt be happening, at least on 256 :s).

I'd deffo recommened switching the wires round, it makes a phenominal difference if their the wrong way around.

Back