500 its all about the bass

Currently reading:
500 its all about the bass

Wife has 2014 fiat 500 and feels the need to have a big bassbox but I advised there is no space in the boot. I know you can get active sub-woofer and amp that go under the seat. A bit like the beats version in the Arbath . Has anyone done this on a fiat 500 and is it a pretty easy upgrade ( she will be doing the speakers as well ) ?

cheers

Welcome, pretty sure Baglady has added a subunder the seat, you could use a Bass Tube in the boot 8" and a 100w rms amp they're not too big, or you could remove the spare and make a custom box?

If the car has rear speakers leave them, spend £100-180 on new front speakers and use a 4ch amp ( bridge two ch for the sub and the other for the front ) for the front and sub head unit for rears.

Can you believe I'm still using my speakers from the early 90's in my car today, Boston Acoustics in the front and Alpine in the rear and sub they cost at the time £600, but are still going strong also the same Alpine amp, it was state of art then not many cars had a sound system like mine then

Last edited:
When I bought my 500C in 2013 I had an underseat Pioneer active subbie fitted. It's not the most powerful but I've always felt it added a near ideal level of bass boost for a car of this size. I didn't fit it myself so I couldn't comment on that but it looks pretty straightforward.

Back