Replacing Blaupunkt CD Radio In 2008 Panda

Currently reading:
Replacing Blaupunkt CD Radio In 2008 Panda

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Puff

My girlfriend's son has just bought his first car - 2008 1.1 Panda with 67k miles on it. I drove it back and its a great wee drive.

Anyway, being of the younger generation, he has no concept or stash of CDs, so I thought I would swap out the head unit with a single din Apple CarPlay one. Last time I did anything like this (a long time ago) I had to get a specific loom for the car it was. Will this be the case for the Panda? If so, where would I find one/what to do?

TIA

My girlfriend's son has just bought his first car - 2008 1.1 Panda with 67k miles on it. I drove it back and its a great wee drive.

Anyway, being of the younger generation, he has no concept or stash of CDs, so I thought I would swap out the head unit with a single din Apple CarPlay one. Last time I did anything like this (a long time ago) I had to get a specific loom for the car it was. Will this be the case for the Panda? If so, where would I find one/what to do?

TIA
Any fiat you will need to get an adaptor as while Fiat use standard ISO connectors on their radios they do not use standard wiring pin outs on those connector some radios come with a short piece of loom which can be split on the power connectors which sometimes means you don't need to get separate adaptor looms, but if not then you need an additional adaptor between the car and the radio to which you can wire in the correct power connectors.

On any radio you have a ground, a live, a switched live to tell it to turn on and off with the ignition, then pairs of speaker connections.

on fiats you have a ground, then connections to the cars computer network via canbus and it is digital signals on the network which tell the radio to turn on and off.

Plug a normal radio into a fiat and you risk damaging this network of computers in the car which links into the engine ECU, the controls and all other systems in the car

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back