Technical New sump required

Currently reading:
Technical New sump required

Changed my oil today , sump plug came out easy, also back in easy but wont tighten just goes round and round , filled with oil and it drips , phoned fiat salesman liam says he will do a 10% discount £211 , anyone here know where to source one apart from fiat,

Know the feeling... although I was quoted £270 ish ( I think) !! all I need is the plate off the bottom... which apparently is no longer sold on its own...:mad:! hope to get mine welded when I get chance to get it into the garage... been a bit busy to think about fixing the car for the last few weeks...:eek:

If it's just the thread thats gone. Is it posssible to fit a helecoil??

since it looks like the thread is sh*fted anyways, why no try a slightly bigger plug and washer?

sump is all sealed up with no leaks , the guys at hi-q have drained the oil overnight put the sump plug back in with some red coloured gasket stuff got the sump plug to nip up and put some more of the gasket stuff around the plug next time i change the oil though will need a new sump but now have time to look

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I managed to damage the plate that sits on the bottom of the sump and whilest trying to get a replacement was told by barchettaparts.com that there are 2 different ones available. Not sure if the rest of the sump is the same but would be worth checking before you buy one.

I ended up just getting the plate welded. Has worked fine. still no leaks :)

Another option may be to get a helicoil fitted to repair the thread.

Back