Technical Wrong size sump plug bolt?

Currently reading:
Technical Wrong size sump plug bolt?

My sump plug has a 20mm diameter but all the replacement plugs I can find listed for the Barchetta are 18mm. Am I missing something? Or did the Barchetta use 20mm at some point? Any thoughts?

Eper only lists one part number. I've no experience in this area so excuse me if this is my ignorance but this link
seems to Indicate that the width excludes the threads, could that explain the difference?

Eper only lists one part number. I've no experience in this area so excuse me if this is my ignorance but this link
seems to Indicate that the width excludes the threads, could that explain the difference?
Thanks but the one I've removed is bigger than replacement. I bought Corteco 220126S as the replacement which is supposed to be for the Barchetta. I'm wondering if at some point somebody messed up the screw thread and the hole has been made bigger.

Attachments

• 20221109_201414.jpg
    20221109_201414.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
Same issue here. I have a small collection of 18mm oil plugs that were purchased by garages and stupid myself, not being able to remember the size in the catalogue was wrong.
Mine is 1996 and I don't think anybody has tampered with the threads in my oil sump.

Thanks but the one I've removed is bigger than replacement. I bought Corteco 220126S as the replacement which is supposed to be for the Barchetta. I'm wondering if at some point somebody messed up the screw thread and the hole has been made bigger.
The brass plug you show is for water and available at your local DIY shop. Usually available in 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4"
grtz ER

Back