Technical New Panda: Why no 95bhp Multijet?

Currently reading:
Technical New Panda: Why no 95bhp Multijet?

ChrisW83

Does anyone know why Fiat aren't going to offer the new Panda with the same 95bhp Multijet II engine that the 500 has? I thought they shared the same gearboxes so the torque shouldn't be an issue?

The only engine I'd go for is the 105hp turbo 875cc two-cylinder. That should have a decent amount of poke.

Thanks. I guess the next question then is: is the only difference between the powertrain of a 95bhp and 75bhp powered panda an ecu remap? Although thinking about it, 6 forward gears plus 95bhp would be awesome for motorway driving. Shame it won't be available to buy on a Panda.

Thanks. I guess the next question then is: is the only difference between the powertrain of a 95bhp and 75bhp powered panda an ecu remap? Although thinking about it, 6 forward gears plus 95bhp would be awesome for motorway driving. Shame it won't be available to buy on a Panda.

Why do you want more gears? A 6 speed is only really that useful for an engine like the 1.4 superFIRE engine which has a relatively narrow power band. The gears help you keep it within that power band.

Why do you want more gears? A 6 speed is only really that useful for an engine like the 1.4 superFIRE engine which has a relatively narrow power band. The gears help you keep it within that power band.

Diesels have a notoriously narrow power band. A 6-speed would be perfect, especially with a really tall 6th gear to keep the revs down on the motorways.

Diesels have a notoriously narrow power band. A 6-speed would be perfect, especially with a really tall 6th gear to keep the revs down on the motorways.

Just remember that diesel's are geared up so that power band gets stretched out.

Why would you admit to watching that tripe? :p

i love those films!! so far fetched and inaccurate in places but that just makes them even funnier :ROFLMAO:

and the one liners are just sigworthy :devil:

Dom: I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bull****. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

Just remember that diesel's are geared up so that power band gets stretched out.

Of course, otherwise the top speed of the MJ would probably be less than 60mph :p

But even then, the powerband is quite narrow compared to a petrol-engined car. A 6-speed gearbox would go a long way to mitigate that.

We have friends with a Vauxhall Astra with the MJ engine and a six-speed box - certainly doesn't light up the front wheels in such a comparatively large chassis but the six speeds work well.

Back