General New Multijet

Currently reading:
General New Multijet

Flashpaddler

Collected our brand new Panda Multijet yesterday. Car looks great in the metallic gold paint. Took it on a 200+ mile run yesterday 4 up, overnight kit plus folding chairs and picnic etc and all were accommodated comfortably. Overall MPG was 60.4 and it cost me a stunning £12.70 to brim the tank!

Got a huge discount from my local supplying dealer just by quoting Fiat Supasaver - anyone who doesn't do this may pay well over the odds. Also got top price on m trade-in. However, am not impressed by the main dealers attention to detail. They threw in a free roof rack and fitted it to the car but failed to give me the 4 screw blanks for the holes in the roof. The service book was not stamped for the pre-delivery inspection and, most importantly of all, no code-card!! Very disappointing and they just lost at least 3 years of servicing, so a really poor way of doing business from their perspective.

Does anyone know where I can get a decent set of seat covers that fit?

Really impressed with the car, no rattles, engine pulls well, very good ICE, £35 road tax, 60+MPG and fully comp and protected insurance for 2 drivers just £140. Can motoring get any cheaper?

Love me, love my Panda!!

(Strada 65, Strada 85, Multipla, Marea, Stilo MW, currently Panda MJ)(y)

No code card? No car in the UK comes with a code card ;) the insurance industry demand it that way, for security purposes.

So the fact they failed to put a stamp in and missed out 4 screw blanks means you won't use them for servicing, lol YET they gave you a free roof rack :chin:

Still, sounds like you got a good one (y)

Great car isn't it, I've had mine a couple of weeks and it puts a smile on my face every drive.:D
I think Fiat do seat covers at approx £130 for split seat version.

Just out of interest, when did you order the Panda? I ask because I ordered mine on 23rd August and there is still no sign of it. The dealer doesn't seem to be able to give me any idea of how much longer I'll have to wait and I'm getting impatient!

Just out of interest, when did you order the Panda? I ask because I ordered mine on 23rd August and there is still no sign of it. The dealer doesn't seem to be able to give me any idea of how much longer I'll have to wait and I'm getting impatient!

Mine took approx 12 weeks, the dealer said it would be 6. A long wait but I think worth it.

Was told mine will be made this week as they altered a factory order (A standard black mj to be made in the factory that wasn't particularly destined for anywhere and managed to alter that car with the spec I wanted) and it would be about 4 wks delivery after that. But shall wait n see.

I was lucky because the exact car I wanted was in stock. I wasn't fussed about colour but really liked the met gold. Every other dealer I talked to was quoting delivery at the end of December. Every Fiat dealer I visited was pushing Punto's like mad. It looks like Punto's are in huge oversupply and Panda's are as rare as their namesakes!! I guess that's why Panda's arn't marketed but Puntos are.

No code card? No car in the UK comes with a code card ;) the insurance industry demand it that way, for security purposes.

So the fact they failed to put a stamp in and missed out 4 screw blanks means you won't use them for servicing, lol YET they gave you a free roof rack :chin:

Still, sounds like you got a good one (y)

No code card!!! Now I feel really stupid but that's by no means a new experience!! Bit confusing cause the English owners manual refers to it several times - I guess it's just a direct translation from Italian. The last new Fiat I bought ( A Multipla) came from Belgium and my Alfa 156 came from Germany, so I guess they have different rules. Thanks for the info though, saved me from making a fool of myself in the real world - Cheers.

Bought my new MJ in March '05 and fitted the FIAT seat covers within a week. Took about half an hour to fit and have lasted ok with 3 hairy dogs in the back seat. (obviously not while I was fitting them). They even managed to keep doggy diarroeha off the seat beneath on one trip to the vet's. The front seat cushion covers tend to rotate if someone with short legs sits in the driver's seat, but I don't think there's a perfect seat cover in existance.

Ordered my MJ August 18th and was told 10-12 weeks.
Actually collected it on 11th October.....:)

Car looks great in the metallic gold paint.

I haven't seen this colour 'in the metal', only on the dodgy FIAT configurator; think they call it Cumbia Beige. Any chance of some pics? Go on, nice and sunny outside today (well it is here at least!) ;) By the way, following on from recent posts, do you have black B-pillars?

I haven't seen this colour 'in the metal', only on the dodgy FIAT configurator; think they call it Cumbia Beige. Any chance of some pics? Go on, nice and sunny outside today (well it is here at least!) ;) By the way, following on from recent posts, do you have black B-pillars?

Presently working away from home, so can't paste any pictures until Friday. The fiat configurator does this colour no justice at all. It really is a very nice gold colour with lustre. I'll check the B-pillars and re-post.

There's a pic of an 07 Cumbia beige on this site at £6795

http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/countymotorscarlisle/search.cfm?

It was one of the one's I test drove last week.

There's a pic of an 07 Cumbia beige on this site at £6795

Agree this looks overpriced. I was quoted £5995 + £360 for met paint and £500 for aircon pack for an unregistered new car. Negotiated the part-ex up by £500 too over any other offer. The picture doesn't show the colour very well either. I recommend seeing it in the metal if you're tempted by this colour as it's much, much better. My car has the black B-pillars but everything else is body-coloured. Also has blue badges. Have used it this week for a 30 mile round trip urban commute and getting 61mpg. Happy days as double my previous Stilo MW.

Back