11062680_10205915776087408_2265311990930671380_n.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) New Mk2 Punto: project Orange

Introduction

New Mk2 Punto: Project Orange

Hey guys and welcome to Project:Orange

my First car, my first project. Fiat Punto Mk2 1.2 2001.
Here we go starting with pics of it currently -

11062680_10205915776087408_2265311990930671380_n.jpg

11693899_10205915779047482_9127618879596502736_n.jpg

11707573_10205915780167510_614354294599456077_n.jpg

Mods planned:
Black Halo headlights
rear lights tinted
Abarth Skirts, spoiler and back bumper
front bumper to be decided
Smoothed bad boy bonnet
Debadged
147 Alfa Romeo leather interior (black or cream cant decide)
All the Punto Sporting interior hardware (steering wheel etc) and console to be fitted
Full sound system
Ford Focus Induction kit (or a K&N)
new twin sports exhaust system (to be decided)
16inch Lenso RS5 Alloys
lowered 40-50mmish
Full window tints all round (staying within the law obviously) :bang:

so far Ive purchased these parts and Im awaiting postage -

$_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJBUE8e6HgR9NBPIJ!g(IGw--60_57.JPG

$_57 (1).JPG

I will have 2 TT vents spare if anyone wants them?.

I will update this when the parts have arrived and ive fitted them :devil:
Re: New Mk2 Punto: Project Orange

got this new steering wheel today for the car, going to get it fitted ASAP. What an improvement. Think its out of a Mk2B active sport or something?. Way better than the stock one either way.

11791736_10206119488660095_645055625_n.jpg

sweet. They must have done 2 versions then because ive seen lots of these "sporting wheels" and I always preferred the one Ive bought here with the blue badge in the middle over this version -

IMG_02401024x768.jpg

Im well happy with the purchase, I really like that its quite abit smaller than the stock wheel too. -

DSC00236.jpg

The two versions were mk2 or mk2b with the introduction of the mk2b fiat dropped the old square badge completely which it why the later cars all got the round enamel type badge in the centre

Ive ordered some new parts for this.

Mk2B clear brake lights.
A "Punto" brake light sticker
My replacement wind deflectors arrived fine thankfully
the CD player fascia so I can fit an aftermarket head unit
a black bee sting aerial as the stock one is too long for my tastes

and Im still waiting for a chance to fit the new Steering wheel. The missus is using the car atm as her Mini needs a new gear box.

Im thinking before the new CD player and fascia adapter goes in, I might remove the glove box and fuse box and re spray everything black/Silver.

also, is it me or am I not able to notice any bass from the stock subwoofer?. Even with bass cranked Im not hearing any thump whatsoever. I checked the fuse and its intact so that hasnt blown. Is it really that weak? lol

also, is it me or am I not able to notice any bass from the stock subwoofer?. Even with bass cranked Im not hearing any thump whatsoever. I checked the fuse and its intact so that hasnt blown. Is it really that weak? lol

You should be able to hear it but its no monster!

Have you opened boot and listened to it while music is playing?

You should be able to hear it but its no monster!

Have you opened boot and listened to it while music is playing?

That will be my next test for sure. I only got a very quick look this morning before she headed off to work in the car. When I next have it I will try this. If its that feeble I will get one of those under seat subs instead so its still hidden but provides actual bass lol

That will be my next test for sure. I only got a very quick look this morning before she headed off to work in the car. When I next have it I will try this. If its that feeble I will get one of those under seat subs instead so its still hidden but provides actual bass lol

When mine was installed you could definately hear it. Gave the overall sound a lot more depth.

Only problem was when you turned the volume right up it was the first speaker to distort!

Probably worth checking that the wires are actually live and connected?

makes me think mine isnt functional then. As you really cant hear bass with music cranked. I guess I will have a tinker. If I have to rewire things I would rather buy a much better aftermarket subwoofer and wire that up tbh. This one is really good -

360674.jpg

makes me think mine isnt functional then. As you really cant hear bass with music cranked. I guess I will have a tinker. If I have to rewire things I would rather buy a much better aftermarket subwoofer and wire that up tbh. This one is really good -

View attachment 158313

They are really simple to open up too, might be a wire inside?
Think there are only a few screws holding it together.

That looks good mate, not sure what the underseat subs are like though?
My 12" Sub takes up a lot of boot space but sounds good.

I've got quick clips to install so its easier to take out and put back when I need the boot!

ah nice :D sounds good.

Also, heads up that Sony have just dropped a new head unit that has a 4channel amp built in to it. Its what I will be dropping in my Punto to power the speakers and it does have a sub out too. Win.

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/mex-xb100bt

It says available soon, but it is for sale now in the UK from other sites. Looks the business imo.

ah nice :D sounds good.

Also, heads up that Sony have just dropped a new head unit that has a 4channel amp built in to it. Its what I will be dropping in my Punto to power the speakers and it does have a sub out too. Win.

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/mex-xb100bt

It says available soon, but it is for sale now in the UK from other sites. Looks the business imo.

Looks nice mate, most after market stereos do have amps built in. My JVC has got 4 x 50 watt which runs the mids and tweets great.

So let's get this straight...

You spend time and effort "de-badging" your Punto.. then 2 weeks layer you buy some cheapo spacky little sticker to tell people it is a Punto??? :confused:
:idea:
must be fed-up with people saying

Nice POLO..

:D

Not a bad idea actually! I might take the badge off the back of my Grande, then put Punto graphics down the sides so people still know it's a Punto, lol! ;)

And why have you decided to troll this thread?

I'm on a few forums and sadly this seems to be the case nowadays . Just because it's different from standard , people should applaud the hard work you've put in to make Your car how you want it, but all they see is that it's different from standard and you get hate for it.

Appreciate this chap is putting his own mark on his car and making it look how he wants it. Modifying is supposed to be a fun game to be in and not an excuse to slag each others cars.

Last edited:
Back