Technical New Marea Owner!

Currently reading:
Technical New Marea Owner!

PhilD

Hi,

I just sold my MR2 and bought a Marea 2.0 20v HLX 1998 (out of nessesity). Car wasnt my first choice as id rather have gone jap but I own it now so ill use it until its dead.

One question though, the Temp gauge. Seems to only sit at half way when the car is sat idling for a while, when driving it goes to about quater (lower quater), is this normal (movement of the car causing more cooling), or is it indicating a potentially more serious problem?

Phil

Dunno but my 20v which was always tip top to 100,000 miles always sat at half way when warm and never wavered!

My TD125's temp gauge generally sits at about 1/6 to 1/5, only rising to about half way when stationary in traffic. Suppose its better than running too hot! (possibly?)

My '97 20v does this. Now that the weather is getting colder, the temp gauge doesn't even reach 1/4 whilst on the move. It can get up to 1/2 stopped in traffic for a while, but I have never heard/felt the fan cut in. It's been like that the 3 years I've had it, so I guess it's normal.

Back