Technical Backfire Marea.

Currently reading:
Technical Backfire Marea.

The 5 cylinder Marea was never common (Brazil seems the exception) Most in the UK were Diesel. The Coli on plug module is the same as that in the 20V Coupe so I looked at a diagram for that model. There is a common supply to all modules and it is an orange wire. On the Coupe this is fed from a 10A Fuse
1713288685300.png

You need to find the wiring diagram for your car, but if there is a orang e wire for a 10A ignition fuse that is a good place to start.

B.T.W I don't think the modification is a good idea but it's up to you. I also don't know the laws in Brazil.

The 5 cylinder Marea was never common (Brazil seems the exception) Most in the UK were Diesel. The Coli on plug module is the same as that in the 20V Coupe so I looked at a diagram for that model. There is a common supply to all modules and it is an orange wire. On the Coupe this is fed from a 10A Fuse
View attachment 443301
You need to find the wiring diagram for your car, but if there is a orang e wire for a 10A ignition fuse that is a good place to start.

B.T.W I don't think the modification is a good idea but it's up to you. I also don't know the laws in Brazil.
So my friend, thank you for your support, I do remember seeing an orange wire in the "whip" of the coils. I'm going to look at this on Saturday now that I have free time.. I'll give the wire a quick stripping and try to see what I can do. Regarding the sea version in Brazil, we don't have diesel versions here, we have the 2.0 turbo, 2.0 and 2.4 5 cylinders and 1.6 1.8 4 cylinders versions, all aspirated. In relation to the laws, I don't think it's allowed, but this thing with the flames is only when you press the button and that's just to "take a joke", if a police officer catches it it will depend on how his mood is to know whether or not he will learn the vehicle ksksks.. Good Saturday I'll give it a brief analysis and see what I can do and until then, after doing some testing I'll come back here to give my testimony about my experience! Thank you very much for your support and may our good God bless you. A hug!!

Back