Styling New leather interior

Currently reading:
Styling New leather interior

toby14692

Hello All,

I have just purchased a full set of leather interior for my car but I don't have a clue where I should even start when it comes to fitting it all.

Can anyone give me some useful tips for getting door card off etc... And removing seats without causing airbag problems, don't fancy an airbag in my face this weekend ?.

Also, above the door card on the opposite side to the wing mirror is a small plastic piece that has the tweeters in, anyone know how the hell you get those little bugger off?

Many thanks,

Toby

Hello All,

I have just purchased a full set of leather interior for my car but I don't have a clue where I should even start when it comes to fitting it all.

Can anyone give me some useful tips for getting door card off etc... And removing seats without causing airbag problems, don't fancy an airbag in my face this weekend ?.

Also, above the door card on the opposite side to the wing mirror is a small plastic piece that has the tweeters in, anyone know how the hell you get those little bugger off?

Many thanks,

Toby

The tweeter cover should just prise off just try not to break any of of it (y)

Best way to start fitting it all is with an empty Stilo - remove all the old panels and seats. From there you should start from the rear side panels and then fit the rear seat back and bench. The rear seat back is a pretty heavy item so take your time with it! The door cards have plenty of bolts and screws holding it on tight, there's a row of four or five screws along the bottom, an Allen bolt going through the the door bin (hidden behind the little round blanking plug), there's an Allen bolt behind the door handle (covered by another blanking plug), and I think there's one somewhere along the underside of the grab handle.

Once all the screws/ bolts are off the door card won't simply come off, there's plastic clips holding it to the door, pull the card outwards from the bottom by the door bin to release it from the clips, after that lift the door card up to release the window seal off the door and it'll all come away. Before you discard it youll have to disconnect the door handle cable.

One more bolt I forgot about - first one to get is under the window switch panel, prise it off and disconnect the wiring plug, you should be able to see the bolt through the gaping hole (y)

Good luck! Get some pics of the lovely new interior once it's fitted :)

Best way to start fitting it all is with an empty Stilo - remove all the old panels and seats. From there you should start from the rear side panels and then fit the rear seat back and bench. The rear seat back is a pretty heavy item so take your time with it! The door cards have plenty of bolts and screws holding it on tight, there's a row of four or five screws along the bottom, an Allen bolt going through the the door bin (hidden behind the little round blanking plug), there's an Allen bolt behind the door handle (covered by another blanking plug), and I think there's one somewhere along the underside of the grab handle.

Once all the screws/ bolts are off the door card won't simply come off, there's plastic clips holding it to the door, pull the card outwards from the bottom by the door bin to release it from the clips, after that lift the door card up to release the window seal off the door and it'll all come away. Before you discard it youll have to disconnect the door handle cable.

One more bolt I forgot about - first one to get is under the window switch panel, prise it off and disconnect the wiring plug, you should be able to see the bolt through the gaping hole (y)

Brilliant that sounds great, and yes I will get some up once it's finished.

Cheers Mark ?

what Mark says
thumb.gif

I did mine last year (well, just the seats) and its a very easy job to be fair, just make sure you put your rear seatbelt clips back on the right way round.....!

Right, so I have fitted the new interior, locks pretty nice, haven't got to many photos yet though as the rear centre belt won't unlock and I cannot pull it down to bold it on. Any ideas on how to release it? I am going to drive about a bit to see if I can free the inertia belt with a few miles.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1387126990.729157.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1387126999.796368.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1387127010.977804.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1387126960.398932.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1387126960.398932.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 77
  • ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1387126973.515903.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1387126973.515903.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 73
the rear belt wont unlock if your rear seats aren't locked in place. if you look at the top edge of the two back seats, there is a tiny little window - near the handle to pull the seats forward. if its red, the seats aren't locked in place, it should be black. Open the seat, pull forward, then push back again a bit harder to see if they lock...

the rear belt wont unlock if your rear seats aren't locked in place. if you look at the top edge of the two back seats, there is a tiny little window - near the handle to pull the seats forward. if its red, the seats aren't locked in place, it should be black. Open the seat, pull forward, then push back again a bit harder to see if they lock...

Unfortunately I already knew this and have tried everything I can think of but it still won't release. Might have to just bite the bullet if I get no luck in a week and cut it open the on zips at the back to change it for the one from my old set.

Unfortunately I already knew this and have tried everything I can think of but it still won't release. Might have to just bite the bullet if I get no luck in a week and cut it open the on zips at the back to change it for the one from my old set.

damn. so the little window on the plastic part of the seat goes black when you push the seats back? that's a shame that is.

damn. so the little window on the plastic part of the seat goes black when you push the seats back? that's a shame that is.

Yer thats right, I'll have to keep an eye on it and see what happens. Shouldnt be too bad but its more of a pain in the arse to be honest. :bang:

Got it fixed now, not sure how to be honest though. Just managed to get my hand in and shake it about for hours and it just came loose :) so all up and running now haha.

Good stuff, sometimes a bit of a prod and poke works wonders!

Your leather interior looks great, could I ask where you got it and how much I would be looking to pay. I want to swap my cloth one in my Abarth as it's looking a bit tired.

Good stuff, sometimes a bit of a prod and poke works wonders!

Your leather interior looks great, could I ask where you got it and how much I would be looking to pay. I want to swap my cloth one in my Abarth as it's looking a bit tired.

Thanks buddy, I much prefer it to the cloth if I'm honest. I got mine on eBay and I paid £100, but i think I got really lucky when I found it. They seem to be a little bit more than that but shouldn't be too much.

I got my leathers for my 5dr stilo for 100 with everything included. Not a bad deal I thought and I managed to sell my original seats for 50 :)

Just did the same, not bad for £100 inc door cards.

If anyone wants the seats for a grey cloth interior they are up for grabs (front passenger is okay, drivers seat has a small tear on the side towards the centre console, rear seats are okay, not much wear).. otherwise they're heading for the tip on Saturday. Door cards/ panels are also available, but they're not in too great a shape as taking them off was a learning curve!

Last edited:
Back